Spell Check / Dictionaly Error - Outlook Express/Outlook 97

Spell Check / Dictionaly Error - Outlook Express/Outlook 97

Post by John Smit » Fri, 06 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Any direction, please?

Outlook Express:  I get an error when attempting to do a document spell
check, "An error occurred while the spelling was being checked."

Outlook 97:  I get a "Dictionary File Error" when attempting to do a
spellcheck form Outlook 97, either when using Word as my editor or not.

Spell Check / Dictionaly Error - Outlook Express/Outlook 97

Post by Michael Santove » Sat, 07 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Microsoft uses a shared spell checking engine in all the 32-bit programs.
It would appear that it is corrupted.  You might try reinstalling.

The spell checker doesn't come with Outlook Express.  You likely got the
spell checker as part of Office97.

Quote:> Any direction, please?

> Outlook Express:  I get an error when attempting to do a document spell
> check, "An error occurred while the spelling was being checked."

> Outlook 97:  I get a "Dictionary File Error" when attempting to do a
> spellcheck form Outlook 97, either when using Word as my editor or not.

1. Outlook 97 won't allow Outlook Express to be default mail handler

Outlook 97, Internet Explorer 6.
I click on an email link in IE and (eventually) I get a
message saying can't be done because mail client's not
installed correctly, plus literally dozens of IE windows
open up. I've been to OE options and clicked the button
to make OE the default mail client, but when I open
options again, it's reverted to not being the default.
I've also been to Internet options in IE, but the only
choice for email programs is either nothing or Outlook,
which I don't want. I've uninstalled Oultlook, but it's
still the only choice. How can I get it to let go so that
I can have OE back as my default. This all started when I
installed Outlook. Is there a registry key I can change?

2. sar problem ...

3. Outlook Express and Outlook/97 under Win NT 4.0

4. question

5. Outlook '97 & Outlook Express

6. /tmp in memory

7. IE 40, Outlook Express versus Outlook 97

8. FS: Mac AV drives and more

9. Outlook 97 vs Outlook Express???

10. When I click to see new mail Outlook 97 opens instead of Outlook Express

11. Spell Check error in Outlook Express

12. Outlook Express 6.0 spell check error

13. Outlook Express 6.0 Spell Check Error