reading sender's name in mailx

Post by mi.. » Wed, 11 Dec 1996 04:00:00

First, I apologise if this is not the appropriate NG, but I couldn't find a
mailx group - do let me know if a more appropriate group exists.

I use mailx 4.2 on a SunSparc workstation running SunOS 5.3.

I'd like to read the name of the sender of messages to a variable so that I
can automate a response like:

Hi $sendername,

Anyone know if this is possible in mailx?

I get the feeling a lot of you are going to suggest upgrading to different
software...

--

Dept of Public Health | UUCP: uunet!munnari.oz.au!dph1.health.su!mikef

1. Sender's Name as Default Mailbox Name When Saving Posts

In mm, is it possible to automate saving (copying/moving) messages so
that they are saved in files named by the sender's last name?

  Louie Crew, Assoc. Prof., Academic Foundations Dept., Rutgers U./NWK 07102

                            Closets are for prayer!

2. processes per host under HPUX

3. Showing list name instead of sender's name

4. Printing Problems

5. can't see senders' name and subjects

6. Working with C and C++ together

7. How to assure local mail has a '+{Id}' in the senders name.

8. NS/FIP 3.3 + NCR driver

9. our mail gateway's name appended to sender's own listname,why?

10. 2 Q's: .forward not safe and sender's name?

11. outlook express 6.0 won't send "sender's name"

12. Can't get sender's full name?

13. pine 3.96 patchfile available to remove 'sender/x-sender' line