mailcap problems

mailcap problems

Post by Michael Hellw » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 06:43:45



hmm strange problem here  .. after editing .mailcap so mutt will show
word and rtf files correctly, I hit upon the idea of creating an entry
so jpegs will be shown and did that .. only problem: now netscape
navigator also wants to call that external program i specified in
.mailcap for showing jpegs .. which is a bit weird.

so ...

is there a way to use another file than .mailcap for mutt and specify
that in .muttrc or something like that? or tell netscape to ignore
.mailcap? *wonders alot*

--
to contact me via email, remove the "invalid.deadspam.com" part of my email
address and replace it with "anglistik (dot) uibk (dot) ac (dot) at"
regards, Michael Hellwig    aka     The Eye
gpg public key on http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128/

 
 
 

mailcap problems

Post by Brian Salter-Duk » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 07:10:41


On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 11:43:45PM +0200 in this excellent newsgroup, Michael Hellwig expounded:

Quote:

> hmm strange problem here  .. after editing .mailcap so mutt will show
> word and rtf files correctly, I hit upon the idea of creating an entry
> so jpegs will be shown and did that .. only problem: now netscape
> navigator also wants to call that external program i specified in
> .mailcap for showing jpegs .. which is a bit weird.

> so ...

> is there a way to use another file than .mailcap for mutt and specify
> that in .muttrc or something like that? or tell netscape to ignore
> .mailcap? *wonders alot*

Yes. I do not recall the details. Read the manual. You can define a path
for the mailcap file used by mutt. I put mine in .mutt and leave the
general on in $HOME. Have fun.

Quote:> --
> to contact me via email, remove the "invalid.deadspam.com" part of my email
> address and replace it with "anglistik (dot) uibk (dot) ac (dot) at"
> regards, Michael Hellwig    aka     The Eye
> gpg public key on http://homepage.uibk.ac.at/~csaa5128/

--
Brian Salter-Duke          Humpty Doo, Nr Darwin, Australia

 
 
 

mailcap problems

Post by Jeff Flower » Thu, 05 Jul 2001 20:30:28



> On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 11:43:45PM +0200 in this excellent newsgroup, Michael Hellwig expounded:

> > hmm strange problem here  .. after editing .mailcap so mutt will show
> > word and rtf files correctly, I hit upon the idea of creating an entry
> > so jpegs will be shown and did that .. only problem: now netscape
> > navigator also wants to call that external program i specified in
> > .mailcap for showing jpegs .. which is a bit weird.

> > so ...

> > is there a way to use another file than .mailcap for mutt and specify
> > that in .muttrc or something like that? or tell netscape to ignore
> > .mailcap? *wonders alot*

> Yes. I do not recall the details. Read the manual. You can define a path
> for the mailcap file used by mutt. I put mine in .mutt and leave the
> general on in $HOME. Have fun.

for me

image/jpeg; /opt/ImageMagick/bin/display %s; \
x-mozilla-flags=internal

works

        Jeff

 
 
 

1. mailcap problems

What is the correct mailcap setup to view application/x-gunzip mime type
in mutt ?

I have this in my ~/.muttrc:

auto_view application/x-gunzip

and have tried both these lines in my ~/.mailcap

application/x-gunzip; zcat %s; copiousoutput
application/x-gunzip; gunzip -c %s; copiousoutput

both give garbage output.

2. Request For Information About: YORIKO 14.4 Modem

3. mailcap problem

4. Looking 4 serious advice & || investor

5. mutt mime & mailcap problem viewing images

6. ArcView DDE

7. mailcap problem

8. Ancient Amiga Demo...Know it?

9. Mutt, ~/.mailcap and /etc/mailcap

10. $MAILCAP and mailcap file

11. problem with .mailcap

12. Problems with PC Pine Mailcap entries.

13. Mailcap viewer program available?