Sendmail on Irix

Post by Chris Ce » Thu, 18 May 2000 04:00:00

If I have a fully composed mail message, how do I send it to the sendmail
daemon?  Either in (preferably) C, or through the shell I would like to mail
without some destination.

The way I'm doing it now is my mail program creates an email and then I need

recipients name, so I just want to send it to sendmail daemon (w/o having to
specify recipient at the shell) b/c this is already in the "To: " header.

Even better, my program is in C, and if I could just write to a file descriptor
and send it right over to sendmail through some API, this would be perfect.

I'm not really familiar with the setup of sendmail at all, nor do I have root
privelages.  If anybody could please post some input this would be great.

--
                    /"\                                     c h r i s   c e r a

                     X        AGAINST HTML MAIL
                    / \

Sendmail on Irix

Post by Per Hedela » Fri, 19 May 2000 04:00:00

>If I have a fully composed mail message, how do I send it to the sendmail
>daemon?  Either in (preferably) C, or through the shell I would like to mail
>without some destination.

>The way I'm doing it now is my mail program creates an email and then I need

>recipients name, so I just want to send it to sendmail daemon (w/o having to
>specify recipient at the shell) b/c this is already in the "To: " header.

/path/to/sendmail -t -oi < letter

- 'man sendmail'.

Quote:>Even better, my program is in C, and if I could just write to a file descriptor
>and send it right over to sendmail through some API, this would be perfect.

'man popen'.

--Per Hedeland

1. Upgrading IRIX 6.2 sendmail to sendmail 8.8

Our mail host is a pretty stripped down SGI Challenge S.  I have a
development machine (also a Challenge S) where I'm compiling:
libdb, bind, sendmail.

I do run DNS (but not nis) on the mail.host.  I installed libdb, new
bind over on the mail.host.  I can telnet in & out of it.  I installed
sendmail (I just moved the dirs over & ran sh makesendmail install) and
sendmail was installed.  however I can't test it using:

The -v switch doesn't work?? and when I telnet into port 25 I get the
usual telnet info & then it hangs ???

When I run it with the -d switches it looks like the addresses & all
that are being parsed well & then the machine hangs... :(
nothing gets sent in or out. no local mail gets send!

HELP!!  ppl have been using us for spam and I want to use the new
anti-spam mc file I have created & ready to go!

thanks.

2. Templates, friends and an outdated book?

3. sendmail stopped working with IRIX 6.9.19

4. ANNOUNCE: ZXSpectrum +3e ROMs v0.87

5. Problems compiling sendmail for IRIX

6. Odd MFC Problem

7. Problem with antirelay config in sendmail 8.8.8 IRIX 6.3

8. TP 760ED----->Warp v4

9. IRIX 6.5.6 / sendmail 8.9.3 / pine/zmail from line not correct

10. sendmail and IRIX

11. IRIX 5.3 and sendmail

12. IRIX 5.x Sendmail 1.1?

13. Disabling relaying in sendmail 8.6.9 on Irix 5.3