display folders with old unread emails

Post by Chris. » Sat, 16 Mar 2002 07:44:39

Hello mutters :)

  since I know that you can do almost anything with mutt as far as you
know how to, I guess this is possible, but I don't know how.

  Just suppose you are reading one of your mail folders in which
procmail puts all mails of a mailing list and while you are working
through the messages you notice that in your inbox arrived a new mail.
 So when I switch back to my mail spool file, all messages will be
marked as old, but still unread.  This feature is really great to
distinguish new incoming mails since last looking at the folder.

  Unfortunately mutt doesn't say anything about folders containing
old, but unread mails, when I want to switch folders via 'c' command.

  Is there a way in mutt to show, let's say an 'O' in the directory
view for folders that still contain unread mails?  Or is there any
other way you are dealing with this situation?

  Thanks a lot for you thoughts, ideas, etc...

bye
  Chris...

1. Display only 'unread' message?

Well, we're almost there. I appreciate the addition of the "Display only
'new' messages" setting, but what I really want is a "Display only 'unread'
messages" setting.

Does anyone know if I can change Eudora to do this? Or will this be in a
future version.

Jim Niemann

The warning you are hearing is simply a test. If this had been a real emergency, we would have left long before we warned you.

2. 13.09.2000 New CAD/CAM/CAE/GIS CDs From SoftLine Co

3. deleting message causes next unread to display

4. plot to file

5. Unread Message Status Icon No Longer Displays

6. local drive path VS web server directory

7. mutt saves unread old messages with wrong maildir filename

8. Best SE programs

9. Outlook Express 5/6 not displaying folder tree or folder contents

10. folder cache display without pathnames for nested folders

11. Hotmail Folder reports "Folder could not be displayed" error

12. Displaying only folders with new mail in folder browser.

13. Updated to Internet Explorer and lost old e-mail folders