"From:" Adresses based on "To:" in Reply Emails

Post by Sven Geggu » Sat, 01 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Hi there,

I'm using a few Emailadresses for different purposes.

Anyway, all Adresses are directed into the same Pool of Target folders using
procmail.

What I would like to do now is the Insertion of the correct "From:" Header
based on the "To:" Adress in the Mail I'm about to answer.

Furthermore it should be possible to change the From Adress by means of
some User defined Keys (for non Reply E-mails).

Is this possible?

What I do now is using the Option "edit_hdrs", but this way I have to change
the Address manually if needed.

Thanks for Hints

Sven

--
.. this message has been created using an outdated OS (UNIX-like) with an
outdated mail- or newsreader (text-only) :-P

"From:" Adresses based on "To:" in Reply Emails

Post by Karl Heinz Krem » Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi there,

> I'm using a few Emailadresses for different purposes.

> Anyway, all Adresses are directed into the same Pool of Target folders using
> procmail.

> What I would like to do now is the Insertion of the correct "From:" Header
> based on the "To:" Adress in the Mail I'm about to answer.

Use the line
set reverse_name
in your .muttrc file. This will use the To: address as your From:
address when you reply to a message.

Karl Heinz

--

                                                http://www.khk.net

"From:" Adresses based on "To:" in Reply Emails

Post by Sven Geggu » Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> Use the line
> set reverse_name
> in your .muttrc file. This will use the To: address as your From:
> address when you reply to a message.

OK, that's one step ahead. Will I be able to use a signature file based on a
from Adress as well?

This would be almost perfect then.

Sven

--
"Even though I once ported Midnight Commander for NT, I now think,
that giving OpenSource support for an OS that is commercial is nonsense"

"From:" Adresses based on "To:" in Reply Emails

Post by Matthias Andre » Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:00:00

> Hi there,

> I'm using a few Emailadresses for different purposes.

> Anyway, all Adresses are directed into the same Pool of Target folders using
> procmail.

> What I would like to do now is the Insertion of the correct "From:" Header
> based on the "To:" Adress in the Mail I'm about to answer.

> Furthermore it should be possible to change the From Adress by means of
> some User defined Keys (for non Reply E-mails).

> Is this possible?

Yup. Start with chapter 4.4 in the manual.

--
Matthias Andree

                Where do you think you're going today?

"From:" Adresses based on "To:" in Reply Emails

Post by Christian Ord » Sun, 02 Apr 2000 04:00:00

>> Use the line
>> set reverse_name
>> in your .muttrc file. This will use the To: address as your From:
>> address when you reply to a message.

> OK, that's one step ahead. Will I be able to use a signature file based on a
> from Adress as well?

> This would be almost perfect then.

> Sven

if you use procmail to sort the mail in different folders for each of your
eMail accounts (different To:'s go to different folders) you should read
about folder hooks... these can be used for configurations based on a
specific folder...

I wish you lots of manual readin fun...

--
Christian Ordig             | Homepage: http://thor.prohosting.com/~chrordig/

  / /  (_)__  __ ____  __   | Why Linux? Because it is free, stable, and
 / /__/ / _ \/ // /\ \/ /   | bugs can be fixed in source opposed to waiting
/____/_/_//_/\_,_/ /_/\_\   | for a stable WinTendo from Micro$oft.