SMTP Error return message - Urgent

Post by Jerome Servetta » Tue, 03 Apr 2001 21:01:52

Hi,

I'm running a mail server with sendmail 8.9.3 on a linux box. It takes
place on a DMZ behind a firewall.
My domain is mydomain.com
When i've got an header error or a recipient error, my firewall try to
send a message to the users using the mail server.
When this message is received by the mail server, i've got this error
log lines :

Apr  1 07:55:05 mail sendmail[15376]: HAA15376: ruleset=check_mail,

must exist
Apr  1 07:55:05 mail sendmail[15376]: HAA15376:

nrcpts=0, proto=SMTP, relay=fw.mydomain.com [mail IP address]

and the user isn't informed !

mydomain.com is correctly defined.
firewall.mydomain.com domain is not defined in my domain.

How my mail server can accept this message header ?

thanks

SMTP Error return message - Urgent

Post by Chris Morri » Wed, 04 Apr 2001 00:42:08

Jerome I have a checkpoint firewall going and I had to place it in my Relay
Domains (the internal IP address of the nic card going to the mail server.
It wouldn't take email from there till it saw I relayed for it.

> Hi,

> I'm running a mail server with sendmail 8.9.3 on a linux box. It takes
> place on a DMZ behind a firewall.
> My domain is mydomain.com
> When i've got an header error or a recipient error, my firewall try to
> send a message to the users using the mail server.
> When this message is received by the mail server, i've got this error
> log lines :

> Apr  1 07:55:05 mail sendmail[15376]: HAA15376: ruleset=check_mail,

> must exist
> Apr  1 07:55:05 mail sendmail[15376]: HAA15376:

> nrcpts=0, proto=SMTP, relay=fw.mydomain.com [mail IP address]

> and the user isn't informed !

> mydomain.com is correctly defined.
> firewall.mydomain.com domain is not defined in my domain.

> How my mail server can accept this message header ?

> thanks

1. Send Message in OE6 Returns Error Message

I use OE 6 and when I try to send a message I get an error
warning that "Some errors occurred while processing the
requested tasks. Please review the list of errors below
for more details".

There are no errors listed below the error message.

The message actually gets sent but it does not get listed
in my Sent Items folder.

How can I fix this?

Ed S

2. Any other surplus outlets out there (besides sciplus)

3. Error: server "smtp" unknown - urgent

4. Libretto 60 in the USA???

5. Problem with sendmail (URGENT, URGENT, URGENT)

6. RMON Packet-Capture

7. Error message 553 URGENT!

8. URGENT - Fatal Error Message Change

9. confMAX_RCPTS_PER_MESSAGE violations - when (during the SMTP transaction) does it return the error?

10. Can't reply to an e-mail adress(smtp protocol returned a permanent error 501)

11. Stopping SMTP/Sendmail error return receipts

12. OE (error message header) used by Return-Reciept