POP server for SusOS 4.1.3?

Post by Jeffrey L Bromberg » Mon, 18 Apr 1994 12:37:37

I just grabbed the popper V1.831beta off of lilac.berkeley.edu.  We
are trying to get it up and running on a pretty much vanilla Sun with
4.1.3 (no shadow password stuff).

It keeps dying somewhere in the pop_init routines as it sends stuff
for logging down a null pointer. :-(

I figure that I'm not the first one attempting this.  I did find a
Solaris version out there, but that isn't what I'm after.

Can someone either give me apointer to a better source distribution or
a working binary?  Thanks!

Jeffrey L. Bromberger ----- Postmaster at Large ----- The Dorsai Embassy

POP server for SusOS 4.1.3?

Post by J.P. Kuype » Mon, 18 Apr 1994 21:42:39

> I just grabbed the popper V1.831beta off of lilac.berkeley.edu.  We
> are trying to get it up and running on a pretty much vanilla Sun with
> 4.1.3 (no shadow password stuff).

> It keeps dying somewhere in the pop_init routines as it sends stuff
> for logging down a null pointer. :-(

> I figure that I'm not the first one attempting this.  I did find a
> Solaris version out there, but that isn't what I'm after.

> Can someone either give me apointer to a better source distribution or
> a working binary?  Thanks!

You can perhaps try:
ftp.elec.ucl.ac.be:/pub/Unix/Solaris2.x/popper-1.831beta-solaris.tar.gz

Regards,

Jean-Pierre Kuypers

1. How can I display NeXT Mail under SusOS?

Hello,

does somebody know a way to view NeXT Mail on a SUN sparc workstation
or a possibility to convert a NeXT Mail into a MIME compliant email?

Any help very much appreciated!

Thanks a lot in advance!

--
BTW Followup-To: is set to poster, so even Followups get sent to me
via email. If somebody is interested in the answers, that I get, please

 _ // Martin Ramsch                (ae=? oe=? ue= ss=?)

2. Teletype 56D work with Linux2.x

3. Cannot POP mail from Exchange 5.5 acting as SMTP/POP server only

4. Cisco PIX Help

5. simultaneous pop connection slow down aix pop server

6. Reed-solomon decoder for R-W subchannels

7. UIDL pop server and otherrrr pop clients

8. DNS - How many servers?

9. NEED HELP! reading pop mail from pop server.

10. WANTED: POP-2/POP-3 server for System V

11. How to limit POP connect intervals to save swamping the POP server?

12. How do you get Exchange Server to download mail from a POP server?