relaying based on from address

Post by bish.. » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I am running Sendmail 8.10 on a Redhat 6.1 system,i need to allow
relaying based on from address,I activated the Feature mail_from
however sendmail overide this ruleset.I want the sendmail allow relay
for the users in the access.db file only
if from address matches with the access.db ok.. otherwise dont relay
and dont look for any rulesets..

I hope i could tell the problem

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Claus Assman » Tue, 15 Aug 2000 04:00:00

> I am running Sendmail 8.10 on a Redhat 6.1 system,i need to allow
> relaying based on from address,I activated the Feature mail_from
> however sendmail overide this ruleset.I want the sendmail allow relay
> for the users in the access.db file only
> if from address matches with the access.db ok.. otherwise dont relay
> and dont look for any rulesets..

I don't understand your problem description.  sendmail uses rulesets
to decide whether to allow relaying. How/where does "sendmail overide
this ruleset."?

You can either try to debug your problem:

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/chk-dbg.html

or you can post a real example (two logfile entries)
and then we can tell you what to check.

--
If you feel the urgent wish to send me a courtesy copy of a Usenet
posting, then make sure it's recognizable as such!

1. Blocking messages based on email address and the relay

I haven't been able to find anything on this in the FAQ or mailing
lists.  If someone knows and answer or can point me to a resource, it
would be appreciated.

Sendmail is capable of blocking mail from a certain email address
using access tables, but is there a way to only block that address
when it is coming from specific relays?

The situation is wthat someone is sending mail in to my ogranization
(foo.com) in the name of legitmate email address from that same domain

mail coming from the internet when it comes IN with his address as a
sender.

The only thoughts I've got right now are to send all the mail for this
particular email address to a script or another application (like
procmail) where it can be manipulated more.  Or to use some sore of
firewall software which is used to dealing with source IP's and using
it's packet inspection capabilities.  But I really would like to know
if there is an easier way to do this.

Thank you,
Jeff Swanson

2. FingerPrint - how? (pgp50i, Unix)

3. Telling Sendmail to RELAY based on email address

4. Navigation bars and frames don't seem to mix

5. Sendmail 8.11.4 on Solaris how to deny relay based of From address

6. Fence problems

7. Relaying based on a specific email address

8. MSXML 3.0 parser can't load xml documents?

9. Relay to IP Address based on recipient name?

10. How to setup relay based on sender address ?

11. hints about relaying based on recipient domain or address

12. relaying based on return address domain

13. Relay in access.db based on full recipient email address