Viewing different char sets in pine

Post by Spide » Thu, 30 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I have a problem. I keep getting this when I try to view some messages:

[Part 1.1, Text/PLAIN (charset: ISO-8859-1 "Latin 1")  12 lines]
  [Not Shown. Use the "V" command to view or save this part]

But I can view it with by typing 'v'. Why?

Another thing:

How can I set pine to display html files using lynx?
--
Spidey

How 'bout a little ride through your own world?
http://www.JSP.UMontreal.CA/~beaupran/

1. Unsupported char set & Pine 4.0.0

Hi,
   Since upgrading to pine4.0.0 (from 3.95) I have problems when I
send mail to people using exchange or eudora on our site.

   They get the message, but their mua refuses to view it for them
and seems to have put the body of the mail into an attachment file.
They get a message like the one below...

Is this summat funny that pine4.0.0 dose now?
The change to pine4.0.0 is the only change that has been made

Any hints appreciated.

Chris

----
Chris Seelig                     Phone: +44 1235 446234
Department for Computation       Fax  : +44 1235 445727

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory   WWW  : http://www.cis.rl.ac.uk/
Chilton,
Didcot,
Oxfordshire,
OX11 0QX,
United Kingdom.

2. LAN Calender from IBM

3. Unable to Set Different E-Mail Programs for Different Users

4. Bulletin Board

5. setting up different mail feeding to different machines

6. Recovery disc for Daewoo cpc-7550 laptop

7. Pine 4.02: Setting for URL viewing?

8. PROC REPORT

9. help me set different user@host in pine!

10. Where are the specs for setting up Internet and mail through an .ins file?

11. How can one match to seq of tokens not containing char class chars?

12. valid chars in an email address, and reasonable chars (was Re: attaching a jpeg)