Video upside down

Post by Simo » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 04:07:18

When i use netmeeting, the video the other person receives is upside down
even though my preview is fine. i use pinnacle systems pctv2000 capture
card, and external camera. the video i receive is ok.

Any ideas??
Simo

Video upside down

Post by Brian Sullivan -MV » Mon, 11 Feb 2002 04:38:16

I think this is the result of an incorrectly implemented YUV capture codec
in the capture drivers. Is there some way to specify the default capture
codec for the card? RGB would be a good choice.

Quote:> When i use netmeeting, the video the other person receives is upside down
> even though my preview is fine. i use pinnacle systems pctv2000 capture
> card, and external camera. the video i receive is ok.

> Any ideas??
> Simo

1. Video upside down on distant machine :-( the famous upside-down effect.

Hi,

I use netmeeting (latest 3388 version) with a pinnacle PCTV tv capture
board and a hi-8 camcorder. This gives good picture quality (but it's
big).

The problem is that my picture on the remote PC is upside down. But When
I monitor it on my screen it is correct. I've reinstalled many things,
netmeeting, video driver, bt848 capture drivers without success.

I know some people had the same problem but I didn't found an answer on
deja news (hmm, I mean google).

I guess it's just a simple parameter in the registry because when I
installed it on another partition for testing, it has worked for some
time but later the picture was upside down again.

Note that I use this capture board with other programs : many TV apps,
VirtualDub, Studio and never had this problem. It's only with Netmeeting.

Does anyone know a solution ?

(and yes, I put the camcorder upside down on my desk, but this is just a
temporary solution as I cant use a tripod with the camcorder upside down,
and my local monitor view is upside down too, because the upside down
effect only appears on the distant PC).

TIA.

--

2. Apple2 emulator

3. Netmeeting (Video upside down)

4. "Hain!" All Jews .. "Hain!" ...in the Way of AGOD ... "Hain!"

5. video upside down

6. Visor/Palm Project Management software anyone? Thanks in advance!

7. Why is my video upside down?

8. Serv-u and passive mode

9. Video upside down, correct mailaddress

10. Video upside down...

11. Video Upside down

12. video upside down

13. Video upside down