HELP!! IDA sendmail and PINE/defuct processes

HELP!! IDA sendmail and PINE/defuct processes

Post by Paul R. Web » Thu, 10 Aug 1995 04:00:00

We are using IDA sendmail, dated 3/24/94 (I don't know the verion number),
on an HP running 9.01.  We have installed PINE 3.91 and pop/imap mail.
Sendmail is creating, over time, a large number of defunct sendmail
processes some how related to imapd.  These processes fill the process
table and kill the server.

Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem.  Right now I have a
cron job killing and starting sendmail every 15 min. to clean out the
process table.

Thanks for your help!
Paul R. Weber

1. HELP!! IDA sendmail and defunct processes

We are using IDA sendmail, dated 3/24/94 (I don't know the verion number),
on an HP running 9.01.  We have installed PINE 3.91 and pop/imap mail.
Sendmail is creating, over time, a large number of defunct sendmail
processes.  These processes fill the process table and kill the server.
Does anyone have any idea how I can fix this problem.  Right now I have a
cron job killing and starting sendmail every 15 min. to clean out the
process table.

Thanks for your help!
Paul R. Weber

2. Internet access

3. sendmail-5.65c+IDA-1.4.4 question - too many sendmail processes

4. And the winner is .............

5. Size of IDA sendmail processes.

6. question about system.web.mail.smtpmail

7. Sendmail 5.64+IDA: IDA Ruleset 8

8. typeover in composer

9. MSN V2 (UK) ands Internet Mail

10. Netmeeting ands several participants

11. Local ruleset 1/Pine kludge/userdb in sendmail.cf vs IDA/M4 features(...)

12. sendmail process eats up CPU cycles - help/advice

13. HELP: Sendmail processes not timing out after a 550 is issued