removing nickname from nickname group?

Post by Warren Polla » Wed, 12 Feb 2003 00:04:12

Hello,

I'm using Eudora 5.1 under OS X (10.1.5).

Is there a way to cause a nickname to be removed from a nickname group
when the nickname itself is deleted?  Now, it's a 2-step operation for
me: delete nickname and then delete the corresponding entry from the
group that it had been added to.

Please copy me when you repond.

Thanks,

Warren

Post by JPau » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 08:23:09

> Hello,

> I'm using Eudora 5.1 under OS X (10.1.5).

> Is there a way to cause a nickname to be removed from a nickname group
> when the nickname itself is deleted?  Now, it's a 2-step operation for
> me: delete nickname and then delete the corresponding entry from the
> group that it had been added to.

> Please copy me when you repond.

If you have to do that just once, I think it's the better solution.
Else you can search the file ``Eudora Nicknames'' in ``Eudora Folder'',
open it with a text editor, and do some research & replaces, respecting
the syntax of the file, which is very easy to understand.
Do that when Eudora is off.
        JPaul.

--
  /==/==\\-\      Jean-Paul Blanc
 / /--/--//\\              quelque part
 |/| L   |\\\                             en
 \/|| = |||\\\                               France

removing nickname from nickname group?

Post by Warren Polla » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 04:56:29

Thanks, I was looking for something involving a less user work.  :-)

Eudora should be smart enough to keep track of that information and
delete the user from the group when the user is deleted.  Oh well, I
guess it's time to look for another mailer.

> > Hello,

> > I'm using Eudora 5.1 under OS X (10.1.5).

> > Is there a way to cause a nickname to be removed from a nickname group
> > when the nickname itself is deleted?  Now, it's a 2-step operation for
> > me: delete nickname and then delete the corresponding entry from the
> > group that it had been added to.

> > Please copy me when you repond.

> If you have to do that just once, I think it's the better solution.
> Else you can search the file ``Eudora Nicknames'' in ``Eudora Folder'',
> open it with a text editor, and do some research & replaces, respecting
> the syntax of the file, which is very easy to understand.
> Do that when Eudora is off.
>         JPaul.

removing nickname from nickname group?

Post by Greg » Sat, 15 Feb 2003 14:40:15

On 2/13/03 11:56 AM, in article

> Thanks, I was looking for something involving a less user work.  :-)

I agree.  I see that as a bug.  I've sent some mail; perhaps we'll see some
improved address book functionality in future versions.