The Spell Check on this document....

Post by Phil » Sat, 19 Apr 2003 21:42:44

The spell check on this document was halted. Do you want
to send it anyway.

Every time I send a email using OE6 I get this message.

I have recently installed then removed incredimail??.

Any ideas

Phil

The Spell Check on this document....

Post by Michael Santove » Sun, 20 Apr 2003 08:32:54

The Microsoft Internet Mail and News and Outlook Express programs do not come with a spell
checker.  They will use the spell checker from any of several Microsoft 32-bit
(Win95/98/NT4 specific) programs.  If using Works 4.0, a registry change is required.
Reportedly, if you install the free trial version of some Microsoft products such as Front
Page or Publisher, and then uninstall them, the spell checker will be left behind.  There
are also some shareware spell checkers that may work (see the URL in my signature).

Spell Checker or Custom Dictionary Errors
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178238

Spelling Checker Does Not Run on Message in Outlook Express 5 & 6
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176

Spelling and Grammar Options Not Available in Outlook Express 5
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232950

OLEXP: Spelling Checker Canceled if VB 6 or Access 97 Running
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282807

OLEXP: Err Msg: An Error Occurred While the Spelling Was ...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=253351

Spelling Command Is Not Available in OE for Win XP 64-bit Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308078

For Office/Word97 on WinXP, this seems to be the common cause:
Restoring csapi3t1.dll file
How To: Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6
http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html
Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

Quote:> The spell check on this document was halted. Do you want
> to send it anyway.

> Every time I send a email using OE6 I get this message.

> I have recently installed then removed incredimail??.

> Any ideas

> Phil

1. spell check won't check spell

Spell Checker or Custom Dictionary Errors
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q178/2/38.asp

OLEXP: Spelling Checker Canceled if VB 6 or Access 97 Running
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q282/8/07.asp

OLEXP: Err Msg: An Error Occurred While the Spelling Was ...
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q253/3/51.asp

For further help

Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE6
okexpress

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6 at:
http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/oe5faq.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe5

2. Can the MacII be used sideways

3. ACE's spelling document

4. Combined CVS Commit Messages

5. Outlook Express - Spell Check

6. Comp.software-eng FAQ (Part 0): periodic postings and archives

7. Spelling Check in Outlook Express

8. QL EMULATOR FOR THE PC

9. Spell check not working outlook express 6

10. Spell check

11. Spell Check in Outlook Express/Windows XP

12. Spell Check Does not Work In Outlook Express

13. spell check NOT