How find friend who just got internet account

How find friend who just got internet account

Post by Rich Si » Mon, 28 Oct 1996 03:00:00

I have several friends who aparently have gotten an internet account.
I heard this through other friends from out of state, but no one
knew of addresses.  These friends dont have accounts and thought I
would be thrilled to hear the news.  I am! but how do I find out their
addresses.  Oh yes... I don't know which city or sometimes even the
state they live in.  Of course no phone no or addresses either.

I have tried several searche engines of usenet, but the people I am
looking for haven't graduated to posting on newsgroups yet as
therefore are not tracable in that way.

Basicly if a person sends only provate e-mail and no news at all,
can the addresses still be located?  How?

How find friend who just got internet account

Post by Sean Dreiling » Tue, 29 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi Rich:

  | I have several friends who aparently have gotten an internet account.
  | I heard this through other friends from out of state, but no one
  | knew of addresses.  These friends dont have accounts and thought I

How about calling your friends folks and asking for their kid's new contact
info? Barring that, try <http://www.search.com/>, which front-ends some
excellent search tools for individuals.

--Sean :-)

                                          Sean Dreilinger, MLIS
        PGP Public Key - http://www.kensho.com/sean/pubring.htm

KENSHO - Bringing Knowledge to the Information Age - in a Flash

Post by d.. » Thu, 31 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> Hi Rich:

>   | I have several friends who aparently have gotten an internet account.
>   | I heard this through other friends from out of state, but no one
>   | knew of addresses.  These friends dont have accounts and thought I

> How about calling your friends folks and asking for their kid's new contact
> info? Barring that, try <http://www.search.com/>, which front-ends some
> excellent search tools for individuals.

> --Sean :-)

>                                           Sean Dreilinger, MLIS
>         PGP Public Key - http://www.kensho.com/sean/pubring.htm

> KENSHO - Bringing Knowledge to the Information Age - in a Flash

You might try http://www.411locate.com  this is the first site
that allows you to find a e-mail or website using the phone number..

Doug