Links won't work in email or IE6

Post by marge clar » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 01:51:52

I have recently upgraded to  Windows XP which came with
IE6 and Outlook Express 6.  When using OLE I am unable to
click on any links in  my emails.  I tried  going
directly to the email account through IE6 and am still
unable to click on any links.  If I use MSN explorer I am
able to use the links.  Also many other links in other
programs won't work ie: Help file, links at IE support
sites.  This problem only occurs with IE6 and OLE6.  I
have tried to uninstall  IE6 and reinstall but i get the
message that i already have a newer version installed.  I
have tried to use the repair IE in add and remove
programs but that option is no longer avaliable with XP
and IE6.  Can anyone PLEASE help?

Links won't work in email or IE6

Post by Michael Santove » Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:34:46

To use Internet Explorer for URL links, Favorites (especially More Favorites), double-clicking
*.HTM files, etc., :
  - In Internet Explorer, check View, (Internet) Options, Programs, and check the box to make
it the default browser (you may need to close and restart MSIE to take effect)

If the above doesn't help, see:
OE: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Don't Start Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q177/0/54.asp

>I have recently upgraded to  Windows XP which came with
>IE6 and Outlook Express 6.  When using OLE I am unable to
>click on any links in  my emails.  I tried  going
>directly to the email account through IE6 and am still
>unable to click on any links.  If I use MSN explorer I am
>able to use the links.  Also many other links in other
>programs won't work ie: Help file, links at IE support
>sites.  This problem only occurs with IE6 and OLE6.  I
>have tried to uninstall  IE6 and reinstall but i get the
>message that i already have a newer version installed.  I
>have tried to use the repair IE in add and remove
>programs but that option is no longer avaliable with XP
>and IE6.  Can anyone PLEASE help?

1. links contained within e-mail won't work

I've been online for over a year; however, I'm still
somewhat cyber-impaired.
I receive a number of newsletters ny e-mail.  Two days
ago, the links within the newsletters stopped working [all
of them]. The version of microsoft outlook is Microsoft
outlook version 6.  Dellnet is responsible for servicing
this application, since the software was factory
installed, but I can't get through.
Microsoft would only suggest that I make sure that I
hadn't checked off the box that blocks using other
applications while I'm online [I hadn't].

Any ideas ?

Gratefully yours,
Lisa H.

2. Indy: Internal 3.5" disks?

3. Error when exiting IE6 after invoking from link in Outlook Express 6 email link

4. DSL Disconnect every 30 minutes exactly!!

5. Double clicking links won't LAUNCH Explorer but work OK if Explorer running

6. FrontPage Error

7. Links won't work?

8. Termcap entry wanted for WYSE160

9. Can't go to links from IE6

10. Hotmail won't login Using IE6

11. Outlook Exp Email Links to web pages Won't Open

12. plug-Ins don't work

13. OLE won't link to URL in email messages