Help! DBX, MBX, and IDX Formats?

Post by Jamie Nettle » Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Is any information out there about the formats of the DBX, MBX, and IDX
files?

Help! DBX, MBX, and IDX Formats?

Post by Michael Santove » Mon, 21 Feb 2000 04:00:00

There is some limited information on the file formats here:
Wotsit's File Format Collection - http://www.wotsit.org/

Some utilities have been written for dumping MBX and DBX files to EML files.
   - OUTDUMP for IE3 Internet Mail and IE4 Outlook Express *.MBX files.
   - MBXtract for IE4 Outlook Express *.MBX files.
   - DBXtract for IE5 Outlook Express *.DBX files.

OUTDUMP.EXE is available at: http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/files/outdump.zip

MBXtract is available at: http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/MBXtract.htm

DBXtract is available at: http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/DBXtract.htm

>Is any information out there about the formats of the DBX, MBX, and IDX
>files?

1. IDX/MBX to DBX gridlock

Hi

I moved over all my archives of e-mail from an old hard drive into my new
Win98 PC, but found IE5.0/Outlook Express stores its internet mail as a DBX
file. It will not recognise the IDX/MBX files I moved over. What should I be
doing? I tried importing them but there was an error that said no messages
could be found or another application is running that has them open. Neither
one of these descriptions is accurate. Am I going to be able to recover these
files?

Thanx

Ian Rywalt

2. Searching for a free SCM

3. .mbx .idx format

4. Problems with perl and cron jobs

5. HELP!!! .idx and .mbx files

6. xref look at a different .tex file w/latexinfo.sty?

7. HELP!! .............idx and .mbx files

8. I BUY CADPIPE

9. Are Internet Mail's .idx and .mbx files compatible with other mail programs?

10. MBX and IDX

11. change location of mbx/idx files

12. import FROM *.mbx & *.idx TO OE5?

13. Need to access .mbx/.idx Mail Files