Help, I am Expunged, Cannot decipher, Thoughts?

Help, I am Expunged, Cannot decipher, Thoughts?

Post by Cary T. Conra » Wed, 24 Nov 1999 04:00:00

TWTMC,

We are running solaris 2.5.1, imap4.4 on x86.

For many, many moons no trouble, however, recently we are getting this
error from our netscape clients(other clients show an error without as
much information):

"The current command did not succeed. The mail server responded: EXPUNGE
Failed: Checkpoint File Failure: Permission Denied."

We have checked all of the file setting, AOK, also I have trussed the
app but no clues there............

Thoughts

Many Thanks in Advance!

CC

Help, I am Expunged, Cannot decipher, Thoughts?

Post by Cary T. Conra » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

OK,

Here is the deal.

Each IMAP daemon is forked as a process that runs as the user. This process
demands to write to the /var/tmp directory. If it cannot it will not
expunge.

Does anyone know where I can set the tmp files to be written into /tmp
instead of /var/tmp?

CC

Post by Mark Crispi » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Does anyone know where I can set the tmp files to be written into /tmp
> instead of /var/tmp?

If you update to the current version then you won't have the issue at all.

-- Mark --

* RCW 19.190 notice: This email address is located in Washington State. *
* Unsolicited commercial email may be billed $500 per message.          *

1. Help deciphering sendmail config - please

I inherited a sendmail 8.9.3 config from someone else who is no longer
with the company. I'm having trouble understanding what he was trying to
accomplish. Could someone help me decipher my config below? The Localip
include file seems to be catching relaying but I was under the impression
that without the promiscuous relay option in the mc file that it wouldn't
relay anyway! I don't know how to decipher the localip section.

mc file contains:

OSTYPE(solaris2)dnl
DOMAIN(McMaster)dnl
FEATURE(always_add_domain)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
define(`confRECEIVED_HEADER',`$?sfrom $s $.$?_($?s$|from $.$_)
        $.by $j $?r with $r$. id $i$?u
        for $u; $|;
        $.$b')
define(`confMIME_FORMAT_ERRORS',`False')dnl
define(`confQUEUE_LA',2)dnl
define(`confREFUSE_LA',5)dnl
define(`confCONNECTION_RATE_THROTTLE',`1')dnl
define(`confME_TOO',`True')dnl
define(`confPRIVACY_FLAGS',`authwarnings,goaway,restrictqrun,restrictmailq')dnl
define(`confSMTP_LOGIN_MSG', `$j Sendmail; $b')dnl
define(`confDONT_BLAME_SENDMAIL',`ForwardFileInUnsafeDirPath,ForwardFileInUnsafeDirPathSafe,IncludeFile
IngroupWritableDirPath,GroupWritableDirPathSafe,GroupWritableAliasFile')dnl
Cw mcmaster.ca
include(`include/localip.inc')dnl

...and localip.inc contains

LOCAL_CONFIG
F{LocalIP} /etc/mail/LocalIP

LOCAL_RULESETS
SLocal_check_rcpt

# anything originating locally is ok
R$+                     $: $(dequote "" $&{client_addr} $) $| $1

# now check other side
R$* $| $*               $: $>3 $2
# remove local part (maybe repeatedly)
R$+                     $:$>removelocal $1
# still something left?

Sremovelocal
# remove RelayTo part (maybe repeatedly)

# dequote local part
R$-                     $: $>3 $(dequote $1 $)

-Mike

2. problems of get_text() and get_nodeValue

3. Help decipher sendmail verbose output

4. shrinkpack transform

5. Help in deciphering a mail header needed

6. WinXP and modem

7. Help me decipher this sendmail log - possible spammer?

8. Standby

9. I am not receiving mail and am unable to send mail,

10. I am not receiving mail and am unable to send mail

11. Pop3 D login problem (thought you might be able to help)

12. HELP: cannot use e-mail with OUTLOOK 98 HELP !!!!!!!

13. deciphering email header