Of Sendmail Spam and Ruleset 98

Post by Ken Gehrin » Sat, 26 Apr 1997 04:00:00

A while back someone posted their Ruleset 98 for sendmail 8.8.5
I've managed to get most of it debugged but am having a problem
with the following:

#check mail: smtp mail from:
Scheck_mail
F{SpamDomains}/etc/sendmail.SpamDomains
F{OkDomains}/etc/sendmail.OkDomains
F{SpamUsers}/etc/sendmail.SpamUsers
R$*             $:$>3 $1        # canonicalize
#check for OK domains that wont resolve but we let in

The above generates the following errors
(given that lines 743 and 744 are the last 2 lines above).
/etc/sendmail.cf.test: line 743: Inappropriate use of $* on RHS
/etc/sendmail.cf.test: line 744: Inappropriate use of $* on RHS

What am I doing wrong or where is my mistake.

Thanks in advance
Ken Gehring

1. Virtual sendmail domains, and invoking Ruleset 98

  I'd like to support virtual sendmail domains, under IRIX using
  SGI's distributed version 8.6.12, as described in the Sendmail FAQ.
  For this Irix version of sendmail.cf it looks like a rule to set 0
  needs to be added to invoke the new set, Ruleset 98 (which is added
  to rewrite addresses for the virtual domains).

  Has anyone done this under Irix?  Any suggestions as to where in
  Ruleset 0 this is best done?

-Ajay.

2. Any suggestions for a firewall program for IE5?

3. local ruleset 98 and m4 ?

4. Non Rectangular Interface!!!!

5. Help with ruleset 98

6. Menu subitems

7. Front Page 98-$5-SPAM AND STOLEN SOFTWARE

8. SyQuest mail or fax number

9. sendmail 8.8.8: are dynamic rulesets possible against spam relay?

10. More on spam ruleset from sendmail.org ...

11. improved anti-spam ruleset on sendmail web page

12. Sendmail 8.8.8 Anti-Spam Rulesets and List Servers/CCSO Mail Forwarding

13. sendmail "550 Mail relay denied by spam control ruleset"