Eudora Mailboxes - Eudora Light to Eudora Pro

Eudora Mailboxes - Eudora Light to Eudora Pro

Post by Carol Willia » Thu, 08 May 1997 04:00:00

I recently upgraded from Eurdora Light to Eudora Pro 3.0.  When I start the
program using 'Eudora Settings '  all my previous mailboxes appear.  When I
start the program the 'normal' way, using the Eudora Pro icon, none of my
previous mailboxes are retained.  Also, when my old mailboxes appear,
Eudora has also read the Eudora Stuff, Extras, Spellswell files etc. as
mailboxes.  Can anyone help me straighten this out?

Post by Hank Zimmerm » Fri, 09 May 1997 04:00:00

>I recently upgraded from Eurdora Light to Eudora Pro 3.0.  When I start the
>program using 'Eudora Settings '  all my previous mailboxes appear.  When I
>start the program the 'normal' way, using the Eudora Pro icon, none of my
>previous mailboxes are retained.  Also, when my old mailboxes appear,
>Eudora has also read the Eudora Stuff, Extras, Spellswell files etc. as
>mailboxes.  Can anyone help me straighten this out?

You need to tell everyone where your Eudora Settings are. It sounds like
they are not in the "normal" place, in MacHD:System Folder:Eudora Folder

It sounds like they are in a Eudora Stuff Folder in the same folder as your
Eudora application. You want to move all of your settings files (Eudora
Settigns, Eudora Settings.bkup) and your mailbox files (In, In.toc if you
are using old style mailboxes) into a folder called Eudora Folder in your
System Folder (where they were originally and you moved them out of).

--
Hank Zimmerman maintains the comp.mail.eudora.mac FAQ
It can be found at http://www.amherst.edu/~atstarr/eudora/faq.html

1. Eudora Pro vs. Eudora Light

I currently am using Eudora Light 3.13 and like it very much. My only
complaint (at present) is that, without a third-party script of some
sort (and the ones I've found aren't working for me yet), it isn't set
up to check more than one account's mailbox. Could someone tell me what
the main differences are between Pro and Light and, in particular, does
Pro handle more than one mailbox?

Thanks in advance.
--

Lavinia H. Touchton
Touchton Consulting, Inc.

2. JEDI Tuning Kit - 4000 accel?

3. Eudora Light 3.1b22 looks for Eudora Pro

4. Workstation address in login script?

5. Eudora Light 3.1 vs Eudora Pro 4.2 on 68k?

6. Collections V Strange

7. - Eudora Pro 2.14.sit (0/2) Here can you download Eudora Pro 2.14

8. Working Together?

9. - Eudora Pro 2.14.sit (1/2) Here can you download Eudora Pro 2.14

10. Moving from Mac Eudora Pro to Windows Eudora Pro

11. - Eudora Pro 2.14.sit (2/2) Here can you download Eudora Pro 2.14

12. Eudora Light to Eudora 5.1 (OS X) settings

13. importing recipient list from Eudora Light 1.5.4 to Eudora 5.1?