Sendmail 8.7.x LOCAL_NET_CONFIG macro problem

Sendmail 8.7.x LOCAL_NET_CONFIG macro problem

Post by Joel Saac » Tue, 03 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I'm using the LOCAL_NET_CONFIG macro in my .mc file as I'm running a mail/DNS
server which delivers mail via UUCP to the Internet, but SMTP to my local net.

my smart host is the UUCP one, and the LOCAL_NET_CONFIG has a line defined to
transfer all local domain mail via smtp to the destination server.

My problem is that if the host is unknown, it transfer the message to the UUCP
smart host instead of returning a "host unknown" message.

The line I'm using is straight from the README that comes with the
sendmail sources.

I was given this by someone to put under the above one, but it doesn't work.

# Explicitly specified names in our domain -- that we've never heard of

Any help would be appreciated. ( please respond via email ).

Joel

1. Sendmail 8.7.x problem - please help

Hello there,

I'm setting up a replacement company mailserver that acts as the primary relay
of a mail for the companies domain. ( the box runs Linux 2.0.20 )

The old one is running on a Sparc IPC using SunOS 4.1.1.
Unfortunately on Sendmail 5.x - the sendmail.cf doesn't work in the current
version and the person who set it up has left..

I've got local domain mail to work, but the problem is that all external mail
goes out via UUCP.

Does anyone know how to do this without breaking the local mail ?
I want to avoid tables if possible.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Please email any responses to me.

Thanks
Joel

2. Real time operating systems

3. Sendmail 8.7 problem

4. configuring JavaVM, launching VM form CW IDE

5. Problems with sendmail 8.7

6. printing 123

7. Sendmail 8.7 problems

8. problem with Update method for web service in datagrid

9. sendmail 8.7, firewall/dns resolve problem on private lan

10. Sendmail 8.7 on Solaris 2.4 ( Problem with Mailer).

11. Sendmail 8.7 (8.7.1) AIX DNS problems

12. sendmail-8.8.7 NDBM problem

13. sendmail-8.8.7-20 problem - no route to host?