outlook Express "View" ""COLUMNS""

Post by Carlo » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 01:14:59

I have Outlook Express 5.50.4133.2400  .
The VIEW in Columns keeps changing.   In the INBOX I
set  "from" (and uncheck  "to") .  In the OUTBOX I
set "TO" (and uncheck "FROM")  Move them all to the TOP.

What happens is that it changes by itself and in the INBOX
sets the COLUMN "TO"  and in the OUTBOX "FROM".

It only occurs in the sub folders in the INBOX and OUTBOX

Would appreciate help in solving this annoying problem.

outlook Express "View" ""COLUMNS""

Post by Michael Santove » Thu, 29 Aug 2002 13:17:07

There are only two sets of mail folder headings (View, Columns):
 - Sent Items, Outbox and Drafts use one set
 - Inbox, Deleted Items, and all user created folders use the other set

Even though a user created folder is arranged as a subfolder to Sent Items, it is still going
to use the same column headings as the Inbox.

The OUTBOX is for messages that have been written but not yet sent.  After a message is sent it
is moved from the Outbox to the Sent Items folder.  So it doesn't usually make sense to have
subfolders of the Outbox.