Please help with this redirect problem

Post by Mark Macc » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,
I have set up an e-mail redirect for a client with his own domain name so

Testing this from my PC, he receives my e-mail Ok (confirming the redirect
works)

However, when he sends a test from his computer to the same address the
e-mail bounces back with an error like this...

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at <his isp>

<address was correctly listed here>:

Any suggestions? I'm at as loss !
--
Mark Macca
inTouch web services

Post by Philip Haz » Wed, 01 Mar 2000 04:00:00

|> Hello,
|> I have set up an e-mail redirect for a client with his own domain name so

|> Testing this from my PC, he receives my e-mail Ok (confirming the redirect
|> works)
|>
|> However, when he sends a test from his computer to the same address the
|> e-mail bounces back with an error like this...
|>
|> Hi. This is the qmail-send program at <his isp>
|> I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following addresses.
|> This is a permanent error; I've given up. Sorry it didn't work out.
|>
|> <address was correctly listed here>:
|> Sorry, no mailbox here by that name. (#5.1.1)

Sounds like there is confusion over who owns domainname.com.au. Or
is its DNS registration broken?

--
Philip Hazel
University Computing Service, Cambridge, England.