Need Cheap Gateway for MSMAIL to SMTP

Post by Scott Lieberge » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hello all,
Our company is in need of a gateway for MSMAIL to SMTP translation. Can
anyone think of any that are in a sub $2000 range. We have looked into
nettalk and found it to be a great product, but their pricing scheme
does not fit our agenda as we only need it for a period of three weeks,
to transition different departments off of MSMAIL, and into SMTP, but
still have communications with the other MSMAIL users?

Or better yet does anyone have any info on the MS SMTP module for MSMAIL
and if it is still sold?

Thanks,

Scott Liebergen

Need Cheap Gateway for MSMAIL to SMTP

Post by Mach » Wed, 04 Mar 1998 04:00:00

On 3 Mar 1998 05:09:27 GMT, Scott Liebergen

>Hello all,
>Our company is in need of a gateway for MSMAIL to SMTP translation. Can
>anyone think of any that are in a sub $2000 range. We have looked into
>nettalk and found it to be a great product, but their pricing scheme
>does not fit our agenda as we only need it for a period of three weeks,
>to transition different departments off of MSMAIL, and into SMTP, but
>still have communications with the other MSMAIL users?

>Or better yet does anyone have any info on the MS SMTP module for MSMAIL
>and if it is still sold?

>Thanks,

>Scott Liebergen

Until recently there was a freeware MS-MAIL<->SMTP gateway at
http://205.139.200.252/intergate/library/, named INTERGATE/SMTP.
However you *need*  the MS SMTP access ,a diskette with
some templates.
here's the content.
INSTALL  EXE        36 787  10/07/95   0:00 INSTALL.EXE
README   TXT           283  10/07/95   0:00 README.TXT
SMTP     HLP         8 446  10/07/95   0:00 SMTP.HLP
SMTP     TPL            29  10/07/95   0:00 SMTP.TPL
SMTPABT  TPL           112  10/07/95   0:00 SMTPABT.TPL
SMTPCFG  TPL           144  10/07/95   0:00 SMTPCFG.TPL
SMTPSTD  TPL            54  10/07/95   0:00 SMTPSTD.TPL

Since last saturday the site is apparently closed.
The MS SMTP module for MSMAIL only understand
UUEncode, somewhat limited.

Jean-Denis Carretero

L'exprience est cette chose merveilleuse qui permet
coup s?r de reconna?tre une erreur, quand on la commet
nouveau.                                -- Anonyme --

1. MSMAIL & MSMAIL GATEWAY TO SMTP

Hi! this is regarding the above subject.

I would like to implement an Email system using MSMAIL v3.2 in the following
environment:

    4 LANs - each has a Novell Netware v3.12 server.
           - all 4 LANs are connected through leased lines using Microcom
             routers with one LAN as the main hub

At the same time, I would like to be able to send Email to Unix
machines on a seperate network that is connect to one of these 4 LANs
through a leased line.

I intend to have one set of Msmail on each LAN, to cut down traffic
in the network as well as using the Msmail Gateway to SMTP at the main LAN.
What I would like to confirm is ..

        1) The Msmail Gateway to SMTP is to be installed on a dedicated PC?
        2) I would definitely need a SMTP host to perform the message routing
           cause Msmail Gateway to SMTP does not perform address resolution?
        3) 1 set of Msmail Gateway to SMTP will be sufficient for all the
           4 sets of Msmail v3.2 in each LAN? or do I need one gateway per
           Msmail installation?

Any suggestions/answers will be appreciated! 8)

Ken

2. Help with Website

3. MSMail -> SMTP Gateway Needed

4. CORBA OTS <> TIP

5. Need shareware SMTP Gateway for MSMAIL. Where???

6. agent key forwarding -- security issues?

7. Need Help setting to MSMAIL to SMTP gateway

8. How hide folder contents list from browser?

9. looking for SMTP Gateway for MSMAIL

10. SpikeMail Excellent SMTP MSMAIL gateway product

11. MSMail SMTP Gateway

12. MSMAIL TO SMTP GATEWAY

13. MSMail SMTP Gateway for DOS