mailto:... link in IE6 does not open OE

Post by Bob Garme » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 03:25:33

I am running Internet Explorer 6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 in Windows 98SE.
When I click on any "mailto:" link in IE6, nothing happens.  I used to be
able to click on the link, and  OE would open.  Any help would be
appreciated.

mailto:... link in IE6 does not open OE

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 07:41:34

Try this, go to 'Start|Run', and type (with the quotes):

"C:\Program Files\Outlook Express\MSIMN.EXE" /REG

This KB article goes into more detail:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work Using Outlook Express as

Hal

KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Quote:> I am running Internet Explorer 6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 in Windows
98SE.
> When I click on any "mailto:" link in IE6, nothing happens.  I used to be
> able to click on the link, and  OE would open.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

mailto:... link in IE6 does not open OE

Post by Michael Santove » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 07:58:41

OLEXP: "Send To" and E-mail Links Do Not Work with Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

Quote:> I am running Internet Explorer 6.0 and Outlook Express 6.0 in Windows 98SE.
> When I click on any "mailto:" link in IE6, nothing happens.  I used to be
> able to click on the link, and  OE would open.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

1. Cannot open internet link from e-mail in IE6

After installing IE6.0 I cannot click on an internet link
within an e-mail and have it direct me to that web site.
The link is in blue letters and is underlined.  When
clicking on it, it does indicate the web address in the
bar at the boottom of the page, but nothing happens.
Any suggestions?
...Bill

2. Error 9002 during map in login script???

3. click on mailto: link opens 64 error windows

4. Urgently need advice...UDF, Direct CD and Win 3.1

5. How to make Eudora open mailto: links?

6. JOB: Software Quality Engineer at Trilogy in Austin, TX

7. Error when exiting IE6 after invoking from link in Outlook Express 6 email link

8. removing xml header

9. mailto links open wrong email application

10. mailto link not working - system crash

11. oe error opening links

12. can't open linked URL in OE message

13. Cannot open links in OE 6