timeout after disconnection

Post by Laurent Gauthie » Thu, 16 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hello,

I use a imap/pop server with linux redhat 6.1 and i've go problems with
users having disconnection when they get their messages from the server.
As far as i could understand, there is a lock file that avoid several
connection for the same user, when a network disconnection occures the
lock file is still present and will be destroy only after a timeout.
I want to reduce this time by don't know how.
Anybody could help ?

thanks
--
Laurent GAUTHIER
UNGI

1. timeout after disconnection

Hello,

I use an imapd server on linux as pop3/imap server and want to know if
it is possible to reduce the timeout after a disconnection of a pop user
due to a resident lock file on the server.
thanks in advance

| Laurent GAUTHIER | Tel: 01.40.34.88.39              Fax:
01.40.34.83.72 |

http://www.ungi.net |
\-------------------------------------------------------------------------/

2. collision detection methods

3. reduce timeout after pop disconnection

4. MS Money for Palm OS

5. Timeout.queuereturn and Timeout.queuereturn.* question

6. Dos 3.30 & 4.00 Disk Format

7. Email Timeouts that are not logged as timeouts

8. Help wanted with mono ADB NeXT monitor

9. disconnection from Internet.

10. Internet disconnection problem

11. IMEP auto disconnection PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!

12. Frequent disconnections

13. too many disconnections.Why?