sendpage (or filter?) problems

Post by Steve Full » Thu, 07 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I've gotten sendpage to compile and dialout properly. So far so good. I
am having some problems with the pagefilter program and am wondering if
anyone has run into this before.

What works:
a) run sendpage with "sendpage -bd" or "sendpage -bd -d99"
   cat FILENAME | pagefilter srf (where srf is an alias defined in
   sendpage.cf)

What DOESN'T work:
b) cat FILENAME | pagefilter srf (where srf is an alias defined in
   sendpage.cf)
This results in a file that sits in the sendpage queue directory until I
finally fire off sendpage by hand

c) sending email to a sendmail alias

in my /etc/aliases file:
pager:  "|/usr/local/bin/pagefilter srf"

This results in the following output in my /var/log/syslog:
Nov  5 22:21:46 snoopy sendpage[579]: mkstemp(sendpageQ847254106XXXXXX):
failed

And the following output in my /var/log/messages:
Nov  5 22:21:46 snoopy sendmail[575]: WAA00575: from=root, size=995,
class=0, pri=30995, nrcpts=1,

Nov  5 22:21:46 snoopy sendmail[576]: WAA00575:
to="|/usr/local/bin/pagefilter srf", delay=00:00:00,
xdelay=00:00:00, mailer=prog, stat=Sent

After c) occurs, there are NO outgoing pages in /var/pqueue and no email
returned saying that the page didn't go. The permissions look to be ok as
I have followed the Alpha-Paging-Howto to the letter (except that I'm not
doing any sort of domain aliasing). I have copies of all appropriate
files if needed.

This LOOKS like sendpage is having problems making a temp file (at least
when it's being called from within the filter program, which is written
in C.

The one thing that I did try was changing the $z directive in sendmail.cf
for the prog mailer type. It was set to be /. I've tried /tmp and also
completely eliminating it with varying degrees of success. Those lines
are listed below:

#Mprog,         P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoeu, S=10/30, R=20/40, D=$z:/,
#               T=X-Unix,
#               A=sh -c $u

#Mprog,         P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoeu, S=10/30, R=20/40, D=$z:/tmp,
#               T=X-Unix,
#               A=sh -c $u

Mprog,          P=/bin/sh, F=lsDFMoeu, S=10/30, R=20/40,
                T=X-Unix,
                A=sh -c $u

I've also posted to the sendpage-hackers mailing list as well, but
thought I might try a bit wider audience here to see what comes up.

--

This post brought to you by Windows NT & Microplanet Gravity

1. A filtering rule in sendmail.mc while using sendpage

I installed an application called sendpage.  It uses sendmail to accept
incoming mail then sends pages out via snpp.  The problem is all incoming
mail gets processed by sendpage and I want  to setup filters that make mail
sent to certain address use the standard smtp.  So I added a class

#smtp

I know that commenting out the following disables the sendpage but I need
sendpage and smtp.
#sendpage

Any ideas how I can get this to work?

dnl
dnl Changes for sendpage
dnl
#for pager gateway

CGyap.yap.yap
LOCAL_RULE_0
#smtp

#sendpage

define(`SENDPAGE_MAILER_PATH',`/usr/bin/sendmail2snpp')
define(`SENDPAGE_MAILER_FLAGS',`lsPn')
define(`SENDPAGE_MAILER_ARGS',`sendmail2snpp -f $f')
MAILER_DEFINITIONS
Msendpage, P=SENDPAGE_MAILER_PATH, F=SENDPAGE_MAILER_FLAGS,S=10, R=20,
A=SENDPAGE_MAILER_ARGS $u

Thanks
Jeff

2. Installing DBD::mysql - problems

3. Sendmail & sendpage setup

4. Dictionary pronunciation font

5. how do I user sendpage with sendmail?

6. canon BJC-6000 prints green for cyan

7. Netscape Sendpage, Mailto Helper, no luck

8. Zenworks configuration and setup

9. Sendmail && SendPage

10. how do I make my filter the default filter in place no filters right now?

11. add new filters on top in the filters list

12. Filters using filters

13. Bug? Incoming filter selects second message filtered