Outlook 2000 IMAP mailbox to Iplanet Messaging Server

Outlook 2000 IMAP mailbox to Iplanet Messaging Server

Post by David Gearin » Sat, 08 Mar 2003 21:32:13

We have recently upgraded our mail server to Iplanet
Messaging server 5.2 and one user has complained that when
he connects to his IMAP account using Outlook 2000 the
product crashes with an outlook.exe error.
Has anybody seen this sort of thing before?
By the way, we can connect to the server fine using
Outlook express.

Outlook 2000 IMAP mailbox to Iplanet Messaging Server

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Sun, 09 Mar 2003 10:01:31

Without knowing the context of the error message, there's not to go on.
When he gets this error, have him click the "Details" button; post what it
says back here.  About all I can find that looks like it might apply is
this:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=274259
OL2000: (IMO) Outlook Quits When an IMAP Server Has Identical Folder Names
in Different Cases

Hal

KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Quote:> We have recently upgraded our mail server to Iplanet
> Messaging server 5.2 and one user has complained that when
> he connects to his IMAP account using Outlook 2000 the
> product crashes with an outlook.exe error.
> Has anybody seen this sort of thing before?
> By the way, we can connect to the server fine using
> Outlook express.

1. Outlook 2000 IMAP problem - Office 2000 SP2 released (see MSKB Q258584)

Sometimes Outlook 2000 (and Outlook 98 BTW) hangs when switching between
IMAP folders (see MSKB article Q258584). That nagged me ever since Outlook
98. I just discovered, that Office 2000 SP2 has been released; according to
list of fixes, the above problem is fixed there.

See http://www.microsoft.com/office/ork/2000/appndx/toolbox.htm for changes
list and downloads.

--
-andrej

Have a nice DOS!
B >>

2. Need Font

3. Newbie question: UW IMAP-2000 + Outlook 2000 + security

4. Palm Glove Olive

5. UW IMAP toolkit 2000 (imap-2000) BETA released

6. Fonts for OS/2

7. Problems with Outlook 2000 with Linux IMAP Server

8. panasonic d816 system speed dial

9. IMAP server closed connection w/ Outlook 2000

10. Outlook 2000 vs Outlook Express 5 vs other IMAP clients

11. leave a copy of messages on server Outlook 2000

12. IMAP Server for 2000 server

13. transfering message from outlook 2000 to outlook express 6