Mail Lockup

Post by Walt Gnan » Thu, 12 Feb 1998 04:00:00

Lately I've had problems with my computer locking up and losing my unread
e-mail.  While the messages were coming in my computer locked up and started
a continuous dinging.  The only way I could get around it was to shut off
the computer and wait 30 sec  to restart.  Once again it lost my e-mail.  If
anyone has encountered this before or has a solution please let me know.

Walt

Mail Lockup

Post by KC Smi » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

: Lately I've had problems with my computer locking up and losing my unread
: e-mail.  While the messages were coming in my computer locked up and started
: a continuous dinging.  The only way I could get around it was to shut off
: the computer and wait 30 sec  to restart.  Once again it lost my e-mail.  If
: anyone has encountered this before or has a solution please let me know.

You didn't give enough details about what software/OS you're running for
anyone to help you out, but there's probably a way in your mailer to
have all email left on the server. That would stop mail from getting
lost, at least, since there will always be a copy on the server.

--
KC Smith

http://www.uiuc.edu/ph/www/kcsmith

Mail Lockup

Post by Michael Santove » Fri, 13 Feb 1998 04:00:00

For an Outlook Express specific newsgroup, see:

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express at:
Outlook Express User Tips - http://www.activeie.com/oe

Quote:> Lately I've had problems with my computer locking up and losing my unread
> e-mail.  While the messages were coming in my computer locked up and
started
> a continuous dinging.  The only way I could get around it was to shut off
> the computer and wait 30 sec  to restart.  Once again it lost my e-mail.
If
> anyone has encountered this before or has a solution please let me know.

> Walt

1. MS Mail 3.1d for Mac: lockup on receipt...

I'm running MS Mail version 3.31d on a small Mac ethernet network. I
recently attached a new PowerMac 9500/132 running System 7.5.2, and the
system locks whenever I receive new mail (even on powerup), or whenever
I try to read an existing mail message. I can send mail fine. Any
helpful hints would be greatly appreciated.

2. Can I use an A520 on my A4000 for Video Tape Backup

3. Links in email lockup Outlook 6.0

4. Interfacing Virtual Reality

5. Outlook 2002 Lockup

6. Configuring LDAP for use with the Web Server

7. Outlook Express Hyperlink Lockup

8. power supply for CMS fixed/remov?

9. lockup

10. BUGFIX: problems with lockups on mouse movement

11. Video Lockups

12. Total Computer Lockup - NetMeeting 2 and 3