?"Leave Mail on Server" with Exchange?

Post by Mark R. Bri » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I'm using Windows Messaging with NT 4.0 and like ist to leave the
downloaded messages on the mail-server in order to read them later at
home too. In Eudora there's a switch telling the program to only
retreive a copy of the message from the server. Any workaround for
this in Exchange? Maybe a registry hack?

PS: I do not want to use remote mail since it's not very convenient.

TIA
Mark

Mark R. Brink lic. phil.
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology Zurich
Institute for behavi*sciences

1. Eudora "Leave Mail On Server" Problem WAS Re: eudora and mail delete

: >
: >[ Article crossposted from alt.winsock ]
: >[ Author was Dan Kraemer ]
: >[ Posted on 14 Jan 1995 01:31:44 GMT ]
: >

: >
: >I have the same problem.  If I check "Leave Mail On Server", it does
: >that.. It leaves the mail on the server, but say I have one piece of
: >e-mail and Eudora checks for new mail every 5 minutes.   With this
: >setting, Eudora "finds" that same message EVERY five minutes.
: >
: >Basically, I'm asking is anyone who's using the shareware version of
: >Eudora able to leave their mail on their Unix account, and have Eudora
: >read your mail into your computer only once?
: >
: Well it works fine for me, and I know others as well that have one
: Eudora at home with "Leave mail on server" checked and one at work
: with it unchecked. At home it sees "3 new, skipping 5 old" and at
: work it reads in all mails thereby deleting them on the server.
: It isn't recommended to automatically check for new mail more often
: than once every 15th minute, plus it's not, at least not at our
: mailserver, considered nice to only have one account and have
: that one leave the mail on the server. Fills upp pretty quickly.

Well, I have tried "leave mail on server" (in the PD edition) and all
that happens is I get no mail transferred. What version of Eudora
CORRECTLY gets new mail down to the client, marking it as read on the
server???

--

Voice: +61 (0)91 72 0429                     Fax:   +61 (0)91 72 3560
Hedland College, PMB 1, South Hedland WA 6722 Australia

2. Z183 buy

3. Eudora Light with "leave on server/delete from server" popup?

4. Veritas Backup Exec / SMS

5. "Leave messages on server" still deletes mail

6. Can hover button bring up a popup?

7. Pine 4.31, "Setup", "Config", ..., "?" gives "Illegal instruction"

8. FTP Intrusion/Cannot Delete Files Left Behind

9. Disable "Leave mail on server"

10. Question: "Leave Mail on Server"

11. Policy for Eudora's "Leave Mail on Server"?

12. Eudora 4.2: "Leave on server" not working

13. Eudora 5.0bxx: Messages "Received in Error" and left on server