BUGFIX: problems with lockups on mouse movement

BUGFIX: problems with lockups on mouse movement

Post by Bill Drak » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Microsoft have released yet another Silent Update, this time
to their Intellipoint 1.1 Mouse Drivers.

All users of the Intellipoint 1.1 Mouse Software with
file dates earlier than 3/24/97 in their MSINPUT/MOUSE
folder should contact Microsoft for an update to their
mouse driver disks.

Problems with the older drivers are as follows:

1. If you start up Internet Mail or Internet News
    from the Start Menu icon (rather than from
    the dropdown menu in MSIE), and you are
    using the earlier version of Intellipoint 1.1,
    your DUN connectoid will lock up when you
    close Internet Mail or Internet News and
    W95 tries to hang up your DUN connection
    through the automatic DUN "Do you wish to
    Disconnect" handler.

2. MSIE Browser operations with the older
    mouse drivers tend to be "fragile" under
    certain circumstances as follows:

    Moving the mouse pointer from the Browser
    window to the vertical slider may induce
    Browser lockup if a lot of swapfile, MSIE
    cache, history-folder updating and file
    downloading operations are proceeding
    concurrently.

    Updating the mouse drivers markedly improves
    Browsing stability.

Hope this helps.

Best I can do for now. <tm>

Bill

BUGFIX: problems with lockups on mouse movement

Post by Noel Henro » Fri, 18 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Hi, Noel.  The shutdown-lockup bug you mention is a flaw
> in the Microsoft TCP/IP stack.

> Bugfixes as follows:

I guess the four files you mention as requirement before applying the
patch are already included in Win95 OSR2.  Am I right ?

--No?l

BUGFIX: problems with lockups on mouse movement

Post by Bill Drak » Sat, 19 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi, Dion.  Yes, there are similar updates for Logitech mice.  In fact,
the early Logitech drivers were even more unstable than the Microsoft
ones.

However, Logitech at least have the grace to admit when they've
got a problem.

Check with Logitech Tech Support to ensure you are using their
latest 'n greatest Mouseware version..

Bill

> >Microsoft have released yet another Silent Update, this time
> >to their Intellipoint 1.1 Mouse Drivers.

> >All users of the Intellipoint 1.1 Mouse Software with
> >file dates earlier than 3/24/97 in their MSINPUT/MOUSE
> >folder should contact Microsoft for an update to their
> >mouse driver disks.

> Is there a simlar update for logitech mice ?? I am getting the same
problems
> with a Mouseman '96

> Thanks
> Dion.

1. mouse movements

i know that there is netmeeting with winxp...

however, i have noticed something...when i open it, my mouse jumps into the center of my screen, and my ie (when open and maximised) sometimes would be unmaximized but with still, a maximized button.

my question is, are these netmeeting quirks and expected to be normal?

happy holidays to all

2. Uncompressed Video

3. Slow mouse movements in Netmeeting's remote desktop sharing (WinXP to Win2k)

4. Greek

5. Win '95 lockup problems??

6. HELP! SMTPMTA forwarding woes!

7. Problem: lockup on Fcc write

8. Configuring Samba

9. BUGFIX: New version of the MS Java Virtual Machine and DCOM95

10. Problem with mouse button

11. BUGFIX: Silent update to Winsock2

12. Message highlight, right mouse button, "Move to" problem

13. Mouse problem with remote desktop.