.forward question

Post by Dav » Fri, 22 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Can one use the .forward file to forward a message and keep it in the local
inbox mailbox. Or perhaps have it filed in a different mailbox after it has
been forwarded?

.forward question

Post by Sven Gucke » Fri, 29 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>Can one use the .forward file to forward a message and keep it in the local
>inbox mailbox.

Yes:
Put both the forward address and you own address into the .forward and
a backslash before your own local address to prevent recursion.

Example:

Quote:>Or perhaps have it filed in a different mailbox after it has been forwarded?

Filing must be done via a filter program. (I think)
Thus you'd have to install a filter and set up the rules for it.

Take a look at ELM's filter - it allows rules which read thus:
        if (from = address) then save ~/newmail/IN.mailing.list

Info is on page
        http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/elm/elm.filter.html

Sven

--
[960328]  ELM - the "Easy Learn Mail" program.   Newsgroup: comp.mail.elm
For more info see the "ELM Pages": http://www.math.fu-berlin.de/~guckes/elm/

.forward question

Post by krem?ská HO??IC » Sat, 30 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Quote:> >Or perhaps have it filed in a different mailbox after it has been forwarded?
> Filing must be done via a filter program. (I think)

    Not necessarily...  Here's a dot-forward file we got:
"|/usr/local/bin/filter -o /home/BoZo/.elm/filter-errors"
/usr/people/BoZo/archive/received

    The result is that for this user, ~/archive/received is a massive flat
mail file which the Berzerkeley drivers in Pine or IMAPd can read (albeit
much more slowly than an alternate format file).  The end result is that
the filter program decides how to deal with mail, but no matter what
happens to that mail as a result, we still have a copy which can be
retrieved for later reference.

Barry Bouwsma, chief BoZo
Radio PrAHA!

1. Automatic forwarding question

Using Outlook 2002. Is there a way to get all messages from certain
senders forwarded automatically to certain contacts? This would
make my life a lot easier. Office XP seems to be able to do about
everything but the dishes, so I'm pretty sure there's a way, and I
just can't figure it out. Thanks.

2. Class 1 vs. Class 2 Article

3. .forward question

4. VO 2.5a CATO3xxx.DLL => InstallMaker bug ????

5. Restricting Operations Due To Connection-Type

6. Sendmail and .forward question

7. COPIER ATARI ST <-> IBM PC

8. apology about .forward question

9. .forward question