Priority setting of mails.

Post by Jos De Laende » Fri, 04 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

first of all, I'm not too sure this is the right group to post this
question.

Will you point me gently to the right group if not ? ;-)

Question :

The Netscape (4.06) mailtool, Mozilla (?), has the possibility to set
priorities 1-5 on messages. This priority is however fixed then for all
recipients.

I want to use this feature for internal communication, but the problem
is
that priority is different for different recipients, or at least for the
group
"to" and the group "cc".

Is this somehow - maybe with some extension ? - possible to implement ?

It's fair to assume that the system should  only work for a limited
group all
using this same mailtool.

Thanks for all ideas and kind regards.

--

1. Is it possible to set the priority flag using simple mapi?

Does anyone know whether it is possible to set the
priority flag to high using mapi.dll calls?

I am generating a custom message type from a C routine
using simple mapi and it would be nice to be able to
set the priority flag to high in order to get the red !
in front of the subject in the MS Mail inbox.

I've read through the documentation in mapiupd.exe and
could not find any reference to a "priority flag" in
either the MapiMessage data structure or as an argument
to MAPISendMail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ken

2. New Stock Alert naxrj

3. how to set message priority?

4. D&D/Wizardry/Ultima-ish games for Apple II with auto-mapping

5. setting all messages to high priority for some users

6. deleting mail from queue

7. Setting Message Priority in Sendmail?

8. WTB: 30 Palm Vx PDA - brand new in UK

9. Setting Priority in Sendmail

10. How to avoid queu with High Priority setting

11. Mail priority and Mail deliver

12. sorting the mail according to the priority