HELP: Odd Nickname problem

Post by SevenOfN.. » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:54:19

I am currently using Eudora 5.1 on OS9.1

I am having a problem getting rid of about 10 name/addresses in my:
Message>New Message To     window

I went through all the names in my addresses and did not find any of
those I see in that window.
From what I can remeber, they had been names/addresses I had deleted
quite some time ago.

I tried going through my entire addresses and taking each one off of the
"recepient" list... that did not work. It just left me the 10 I am
trying to get rid of.
I deleted all the names and addresses in the address book, and restarted
the app... same thing
Tried physically getting rid of the backup prefs, personal nicknames and
the address book... NO DICE.

Any one bump into this problem?
Please Help

thanks
Someone trying to avoid Outlook Express  ;-)
--
7De9

HELP: Odd Nickname problem

Post by Carroll Friso » Tue, 10 Jul 2001 12:45:59

> I am currently using Eudora 5.1 on OS9.1

> I am having a problem getting rid of about 10 name/addresses in my:
> Message>New Message To     window

Had the same problem. Hold down the option key on your keyboard while
opening the address book with your mouse. This will rebuild the .toc
file(s) in your Address book(s).

--
Carroll
Litchfield Park, AZ

HELP: Odd Nickname problem

Post by SevenOfN.. » Wed, 11 Jul 2001 21:51:54

> > I am currently using Eudora 5.1 on OS9.1

> > I am having a problem getting rid of about 10 name/addresses in my:
> > Message>New Message To     window

> Had the same problem. Hold down the option key on your keyboard while
> opening the address book with your mouse. This will rebuild the .toc
> file(s) in your Address book(s).

Well, did that... now what i have is 5 of them, doubled up.
So, I still have 10... just not the same 10 as before.

ANY HELP?
--
7De9