Spell check not working outlook express 6

Spell check not working outlook express 6

Post by Mick » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 07:52:49

Im running windows xp (home).When i go to compose mail
the spell check noes not work. I have gone to
tools>options and looked for spell tab but its not
there.any other surgestions please

Spell check not working outlook express 6

Post by Hal Hostetler [MVP DTS » Fri, 25 Apr 2003 11:56:59

Outlook Express does not come with a spell checker.  It will use the spell
checker from any of several Microsoft 32-bit (Win95/98/NT4 specific)
programs.  If using Works 4.0 (and possibly Works 7, from a few articles
I've read), a registry change is required:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=137178
Microsoft Exchange Cannot Open Custom Dictionary

Reportedly, if you install the free trial version of some Microsoft products
such as Front Page or Publisher, and then uninstall them, the spell checker
will be left behind.  There are also some shareware spell checkers that may
work, look here:

http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_santovec/techhelp.htm

If you have one of the Microsoft products that supply the spell checker
installed, these articles might help:

Spell Checker or Custom Dictionary Errors
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178238
Spelling Checker Does Not Run on Message in Outlook Express 5
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176
Spelling and Grammar Options Not Available in Outlook Express 5
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232950
OLEXP: Spelling Checker Canceled if VB 6 or Access 97 Running
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282807
OLEXP: Err Msg: An Error Occurred While the Spelling Was ...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=253351

Restoring csapi3t1.dll file, a common problem with an XP upgrade:

How To: Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6
http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html
Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm
Spell Checker Not Working in Windows XP
http://www2.cajun.net/~theriots/blk/xp_oe.htm#xp_spell_checker

Hal

KVOA Television, Tucson, AZ.   NBC   Channel 4
Got Blues? - www.badnewsbluesband.com

Quote:> Im running windows xp (home).When i go to compose mail