Rewriting rule to extract information from email address

Post by Per Hedela » Sun, 06 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Whenever the mail server receives an email with address format:

>Some kind of rewriting rules should extract the "user" and "#######"
>information from the email address.  The number of digits in "######" is
>unknown.  I guess some kind of regular expression matching would be able to
>do it.

If the "####" are *only* digits, it doesn't matter how many they are,
and you don't need regular expression matching to extract them. You
didn't say just *how* you wanted this info passed to the fax mailer
though, but there aren't a whole lot of ways to do it... E.g. in your
.mc file:

LOCAL_RULE_0

(untested!) would pass the "user" part as $u and the "#####" part as $h
to the mailer that was defined with a Mfax line.

Quote:>Thanks a lot and please email to my account if possible.

Cc'ed.

--Per Hedeland

1. Extracting information from an email

I have 200 people sending me an email based form with
certain data about themselves.

the email looks something like this:

card: 105
lastname: Jones
firstname: George
ss#: 045-56-8766

How can I convert the information I receive automatically
into an excel or an access table?

How can I extract the information from the inbox and put
it into excel?

Thanks,
Nachum

2. Teac 4X drivers

3. "E-Mail Address Extractor for Windows" (Extract Addresses from Datafiles)

4. Procmail forwarding...

5. Extract the email address of the sender from the emails?

6. Matcom on SGI Origin: HELP !!

7. Rewrite rules not rewriting CC field

8. Caching with Remoting

9. Sendmail From: address rewrite rules

10. Virtusertable Rules and Address ReWrites

11. how to get recipient address in sender rewrite rules

12. Problems with "bang" addresses & rewrite rules

13. Address rewriting rules?