"Illegal Operation" error ("Conf") causing NM 3.01 to crash

"Illegal Operation" error ("Conf") causing NM 3.01 to crash

Post by Ted Nichols, Jr » Fri, 13 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I frequently receive an error warning dialogue box entitled "Conf" with
details below that tell me that I've encountered an "illegal operation"
while in the midst of a NM 3.01 session.  Interestingly, when this dialogue
box appears in the midst of a session, I can still send & receive audio AND
video, as well as share, use a whiteboard, send files, etc.  However, when I
want to end that NM session, I have to click on the "close" button of that
dialogue box, rather than clicking the "hang up" button on my NM 3.01
control console.  I then frequently have to reboot my computer (Compaq
Presario 1240 laptop) in order to use NM again.

For additionaly information, I connect to the Internet using a cable
connection, and use an EZCAM Pro USB video cam in conjunction with NM 3.01.
My operating system is Windows 98.

I don't know what causes this problem; If anyone out there might now a
solution to eliminate this problem,  I would be TRULY grateful for an
answer.

Sincerely,

Ted Nichols, Jr.

"Illegal Operation" error ("Conf") causing NM 3.01 to crash

Post by Nico Turubass » Tue, 17 Aug 1999 04:00:00

I've got the same problem over here! So,if somebody knows the anwser.
By the way my computer is a Compaq Presario 4810, and my OS is Win98 (Dutch
version).