"Leave messages on server" still deletes mail

"Leave messages on server" still deletes mail

Post by Brad Clark » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

I have Internet Mila set to leave messages on the server, so I can retreive
them when I go home at night.

If I delete a message from my Inbox during the day, Internet Mail deletes
the message from the server.

"Leave messages on server" means "leave messages on server" not delete.

Why is this happening?

Brad

"Leave messages on server" still deletes mail

Post by Margare » Wed, 09 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Hi Brad,

You've probably selected "empty messages from deleted items folder on exit"
(Mail | Options | Read) *AND* "Remove from server when deleted from deleted
items (Mail | Options | Server | Advanced).
--
Margaret

:
: If I delete a message from my Inbox during the day, Internet Mail deletes
: the message from the server.
:
: "Leave messages on server" means "leave messages on server" not delete.
:
: Why is this happening?
:
: Brad
:

1. Eudora "Leave Mail On Server" Problem WAS Re: eudora and mail delete

: >
: >[ Article crossposted from alt.winsock ]
: >[ Author was Dan Kraemer ]
: >[ Posted on 14 Jan 1995 01:31:44 GMT ]
: >

: >
: >I have the same problem.  If I check "Leave Mail On Server", it does
: >that.. It leaves the mail on the server, but say I have one piece of
: >e-mail and Eudora checks for new mail every 5 minutes.   With this
: >setting, Eudora "finds" that same message EVERY five minutes.
: >
: >Basically, I'm asking is anyone who's using the shareware version of
: >Eudora able to leave their mail on their Unix account, and have Eudora
: >read your mail into your computer only once?
: >
: Well it works fine for me, and I know others as well that have one
: Eudora at home with "Leave mail on server" checked and one at work
: with it unchecked. At home it sees "3 new, skipping 5 old" and at
: work it reads in all mails thereby deleting them on the server.
: It isn't recommended to automatically check for new mail more often
: than once every 15th minute, plus it's not, at least not at our
: mailserver, considered nice to only have one account and have
: that one leave the mail on the server. Fills upp pretty quickly.

Well, I have tried "leave mail on server" (in the PD edition) and all
that happens is I get no mail transferred. What version of Eudora
CORRECTLY gets new mail down to the client, marking it as read on the
server???

--

Voice: +61 (0)91 72 0429                     Fax:   +61 (0)91 72 3560
Hedland College, PMB 1, South Hedland WA 6722 Australia

2. --Oracle Func R12 Financials--OH (Friday TELECOMMUTING)--5+ Months Contract---IMMEDIATE NEED A CONSULTANT-

3. Eudora Light with "leave on server/delete from server" popup?

4. Invoking OS/2 LANserver .CMD file from Windows for Workgroups DOS?

5. To save the "subject" and the "from" field of a deleted message

6. Where to find Metaplus and Gill Sans

7. Eudora 5.0bxx: Messages "Received in Error" and left on server

8. CG8 /w SunView working!

9. OE5: "leave messages on server" problems...

10. Pine 4.31, "Setup", "Config", ..., "?" gives "Illegal instruction"

11. ?"Leave Mail on Server" with Exchange?

12. Disable "Leave mail on server"

13. Question: "Leave Mail on Server"