1. Eudora "Leave Mail On Server" Problem WAS Re: eudora and mail delete
: >[ Article crossposted from alt.winsock ]
: >[ Author was Dan Kraemer ]
: >[ Posted on 14 Jan 1995 01:31:44 GMT ]
: >I have the same problem. If I check "Leave Mail On Server", it does
: >that.. It leaves the mail on the server, but say I have one piece of
: >e-mail and Eudora checks for new mail every 5 minutes. With this
: >setting, Eudora "finds" that same message EVERY five minutes.
: >Basically, I'm asking is anyone who's using the shareware version of
: >Eudora able to leave their mail on their Unix account, and have Eudora
: >read your mail into your computer only once?
: Well it works fine for me, and I know others as well that have one
: Eudora at home with "Leave mail on server" checked and one at work
: with it unchecked. At home it sees "3 new, skipping 5 old" and at
: work it reads in all mails thereby deleting them on the server.
: It isn't recommended to automatically check for new mail more often
: than once every 15th minute, plus it's not, at least not at our
: mailserver, considered nice to only have one account and have
: that one leave the mail on the server. Fills upp pretty quickly.
Well, I have tried "leave mail on server" (in the PD edition) and all
that happens is I get no mail transferred. What version of Eudora
CORRECTLY gets new mail down to the client, marking it as read on the
Voice: +61 (0)91 72 0429 Fax: +61 (0)91 72 3560
Hedland College, PMB 1, South Hedland WA 6722 Australia
2. --Oracle Func R12 Financials--OH (Friday TELECOMMUTING)--5+ Months Contract---IMMEDIATE NEED A CONSULTANT-
3. Eudora Light with "leave on server/delete from server" popup?
4. Invoking OS/2 LANserver .CMD file from Windows for Workgroups DOS?
5. To save the "subject" and the "from" field of a deleted message
6. Where to find Metaplus and Gill Sans
7. Eudora 5.0bxx: Messages "Received in Error" and left on server
8. CG8 /w SunView working!
9. OE5: "leave messages on server" problems...
10. Pine 4.31, "Setup", "Config", ..., "?" gives "Illegal instruction"
11. ?"Leave Mail on Server" with Exchange?
12. Disable "Leave mail on server"
13. Question: "Leave Mail on Server"