Multiple Queues and lots of email

Post by Richard Ivanowic » Fri, 28 Jan 2000 04:00:00

Dear comp.mail.sendmail

    We are looking at setting up multiple queues with sendmail and
were wondering how to go about this?  Also if we run multiple queues
with messages in each queue do we setup sendmail to read + process
queue#1 then queue #2 ... or a sendmail queue process for each queue
at the same time?  We were recommeded to use multiple queues since
since we will be handle a large amount of opt-in lists.  We also seem
to be getting alot of "grew WorkList for /var/spool/mqueue to xxx"
messages in the log files.  The messages go up to 5000-8000 then quit
but i know there are supposed to be more messages going into the queue
than that.  Do you recommed increasing queuesegsize?  Also is there a
limit to the # of messages you can put into the queue?  Would
MaxQueueRunSize be causing all this?

Thank you for your help,
Richard Ivanowich

Post by Claus Assman » Sun, 30 Jan 2000 04:00:00

>     We are looking at setting up multiple queues with sendmail and
> were wondering how to go about this?  Also if we run multiple queues

Install sendmail 8.10 and read the instructions.

              The  actual  path of this directory is defined
         in the Q option of the sendmail.cf  file.   To  use
         multiple  queues,  supply  a  value  ending with an
         asterisk.  For example,  /var/spool/mqueue/q*  will
         use  all  of  the  directories or symbolic links to
         directories beginning with `q' in /var/spool/mqueue
         as  queue  directories.   Do  not  change the queue
         directory structure while sendmail is running.

--
If you feel the urgent wish to send me a courtesy copy of a Usenet
posting, then make sure it's recognizable as such!