Where does it get the time from?

Post by Ed Powel » Fri, 21 Mar 1997 04:00:00

The subject line pretty much sums it up:  where does Internet Mail get it's
outgoing timestamp from, and more specifically, how does it handle
timezones (and where does it get that from, as well)?

--- Ed Powell

1. Email packages for DOS-UNIX and DOS-DOS

A client is looking for an email package that will work for both
DOS-UNIX and DOS-DOS (e.g., thru something like PC-NFS).  "Ideally,
a UNIX mail workalike", so they say.

I'm sorry if this question is repeated dozens of times in the mail
newsgroups, but I haven't been following 'em.  Please don't magnify
this by following up; please *email* me any such recommendations.
If this subject hasn't been beaten to death and there is interest, I
will post a summary.  Thanks a bunch.

--

         {pyramid|uunet}!infmx!aland                 "I want to live!
   --------------------------------------------       as an honest man,

2. FILE REVISED DATE

3. Intel Connection Advisor; it`s vanished!

4. File Manager Extension DLL (Example ???)

5. it′s a easy problem but i didnt f ind anything on the net

6. Easy IP

7. Pegasus For Dos V3.5 Time Zones

8. ** a4000 to pc tower!

9. Ultrix 3.1,getting rid of >"< can it be done ?

10. getting access db to reject mail based on recipient address - I'm doing something wrong!

11. Hard Time Making or Getting Calls

12. Getting Web Pages or FTP Sites to mail at a later time

13. Getting Error "Deferred: Connection timed out with <MailServer>" while sending email