Email forwarding services - ???

Post by Stev » Tue, 14 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Anyone signed up with one of the "permanent address" email forwarding
services?  Thinking about signing up, but wondering what happens if
the service goes out of business - could be some time before I'd even
know about it, and meanwhile the mail would be lost?

...Steve

Email forwarding services - ???

Post by Stev » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>I've been using pobox for about two and a half years without problem... why
>would their going out of business being any different than having your ISP
>go under?

If the ISP went under, I'd likely know right away (wouldn't be able to
get online).  And the mail would bounce back to sender, I think?  But
if a forwarding service goes under, it might take longer to realize
what happened, and I'm not sure what would happen to the mail in the
meantime...

Email forwarding services - ???

Post by Andrew Star » Wed, 15 Jul 1998 04:00:00

   the "To" and "Newsgroups" headers for details. ]]

> >I've been using pobox for about two and a half years without problem... why
> >would their going out of business being any different than having your ISP
> >go under?

> If the ISP went under, I'd likely know right away (wouldn't be able to
> get online).  And the mail would bounce back to sender, I think?  But
> if a forwarding service goes under, it might take longer to realize
> what happened, and I'm not sure what would happen to the mail in the
> meantime...

If they turn off their servers, mail would bounce back to sender.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Starr is eMailman(sm): <http://www.emailman.com>

NewsReaders.com: <http://www.newsreaders.com>
Hank Zimmerman's comp.mail.eudora.mac FAQ: <http://www.ka.net/eudora/faqs/>

1. e-mail forwarding service recommendations?

I 'm in search of a service with multiple aliases to my legit e-mail
address.  URL forwarding is not necessary.  Checked out Pobox.com, but they
allow finger inquiries to it's members which I feel are bad for security
reasons.  I checked out bigfoot and netaddress, but they attach ads to your
messages.

Any recommendations?

Thanks-post here-I'll be back!

Doc

2. Pausing in songs with different tracks

3. Looking for an email forwarding service

4. error

5. E-mail forwarding services

6. ParNet FileSystem Source Code

7. Looking for e-mail forwarding service.

8. downloading only specific mails

9. Forward or link email from Outlook to another email service

10. I am looking for free email forwarding service? Any good ones out there?

11. Free e-mail acc with forward service

12. Anti SPAM E-Mail Service (Service that keeps your Mailbox clean)

13. Help! Which free email service offers email notification?