Outlook Express- Spelling

Post by Patt » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 23:32:52

I am an not able to do a spell check on my emails prior to
sending them.  When I click the tools bar, the "spelling"
is not highlighted.  How do I fix this??

Outlook Express- Spelling

Post by doug » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 02:13:26

I have a similar problem:  Outlook Express 6.0 tries to
install Microsoft Picture It! Publishing 2001 when I try
to spell check a message.  I've been unable to find a
simple way of "repairing" Outlook Express or Outlook
Explorer.
Quote:>-----Original Message-----
>I am an not able to do a spell check on my emails prior
>sending them.  When I click the tools bar, the "spelling"
>is not highlighted.  How do I fix this??
>.

Outlook Express- Spelling

Post by Michael Santove » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 02:55:52

The Microsoft Internet Mail and News and Outlook Express programs do not come with a spell
checker.  They will use the spell checker from any of several Microsoft 32-bit
(Win95/98/NT4 specific) programs.  If using Works 4.0, a registry change is required.
Reportedly, if you install the free trial version of some Microsoft products such as Front
Page or Publisher, and then uninstall them, the spell checker will be left behind.  There
are also some shareware spell checkers that may work (see the URL in my signature).

Spell Checker or Custom Dictionary Errors
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=178238

Spelling Checker Does Not Run on Message in Outlook Express 5 & 6
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=224176

Spelling and Grammar Options Not Available in Outlook Express 5
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=232950

OLEXP: Spelling Checker Canceled if VB 6 or Access 97 Running
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=282807

OLEXP: Err Msg: An Error Occurred While the Spelling Was ...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=253351

Spelling Command Is Not Available in OE for Win XP 64-bit Edition
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308078

For Office/Word97 on WinXP, this seems to be the common cause:
Restoring csapi3t1.dll file
How To: Fix spell checking in Outlook Express 6
http://www.tech-pro.co.uk/howto_010.html
Spell check not working in XP Outlook Express
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/spellcheck.htm

Quote:> I am an not able to do a spell check on my emails prior to
> sending them.  When I click the tools bar, the "spelling"
> is not highlighted.  How do I fix this??

1. Outlook Express Spell Check

I am experiencing an error message when I engage my spell
check in Outlook Express.  The message reads "Spell check
on this document was discontinued." And when I use the
spell check button on the tool bar I get this
message: "An error occurred while spelling was being
checked."  How can I correct this and get my spell
checking function to operate correctly?  Thanks!

2. Q: How to erase multiple files at once (i.e. del *.bak)

3. outlook express spell checking

4. diary mode : "you don't have a diary file"

5. Outlook Express Spell checker

6. Apple (and related) Books

7. outlook express spell checker

8. Boid. FAQ info.

9. Outlook express spell check

10. Outlook Express Spell Check Greyed out

11. Outlook Express - spell check

12. OutLook Express SPELL CHECK -loads Picture IT-HELP

13. Outlook Express spell checker