Converting mailboxes to mbx (tenex) format

Converting mailboxes to mbx (tenex) format

Post by Chris Branno » Sun, 06 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Does anyone have a script or something that can be used to convert
existing bsd folders to mbx format?

Regards,
Chris
---------------------
Chris Brannon
Systems Administrator
Cisco Systems, IS-RTP
919/472-3910

1. What is tenex, tenex mailbox format?

What exactly is tenex?
Where can I get specifications for the tenex mailbox format?

I have heard many speak of the great advantages of this format- It looks
to me to be a simple delimiter between messages in a file.  I suppose
though that compared to the very silly 'From' line method of separating
messages that -would- be a great step forward...

I am looking at implementing a more efficient mailbox format for a big
mail system I'm working on.  If I can use someone elses wheel it would be
a good thing...

-Ben Mehlman

2. Product ID number

3. newbie: how to convert pine mailbox format into exmh format

4. driver stylus color 500 nt4?

5. Converting mailbox format to mh message format

6. LANtastic for OS/2

7. Mailbox formats (Berkeley -> Tenex)

8. WebStar 4.0 & CGIs... kinda works... almost.

9. Berkeley v Tenex mailbox formats for the INBOX

10. Berkeley v Tenex mailbox formats for the INBOX (fwd)

11. convert from unix mbox to mbx format?

12. Converting mbox to mbx format

13. If I convert mailboxes -> mbx, is there any going back?