Error when exiting IE6 after invoking from link in Outlook Express 6 email link

Error when exiting IE6 after invoking from link in Outlook Express 6 email link

Post by Gautam Banerje » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 00:09:35

When I "invoke" IE 6.0 from an embedded URL from an
Outlook Express 6.0 email message, I get a message asking
me to send an error report to Microsoft when exiting IE6.

This happens very consistently. I am running MS 88 SE.

GB

Error when exiting IE6 after invoking from link in Outlook Express 6 email link

Post by Michael Santove » Mon, 04 Mar 2002 12:19:59

To use Internet Explorer for URL links, Favorites (especially More Favorites), double-clicking
*.HTM files, etc., :
  - In Internet Explorer, check View, (Internet) Options, Programs, and check the box to make
it the default browser (you may need to close and restart MSIE to take effect)

If the above doesn't help, see:
OE: Internet Shortcuts in Outlook Express Don't Start Browser
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q177/0/54.asp

For further help

Use the following newsgroup for questions or problems with OE6
okexpress

You will find out information about issues affecting Outlook Express 5/6 at:
http://chattanooga.net/~scochran/oe5faq.htm
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Bay/6386/IE_ng_notes.htm
http://home.attbi.com/~jimpickering/
http://www.tomsterdam.com/insideoe5

>When I "invoke" IE 6.0 from an embedded URL from an
>Outlook Express 6.0 email message, I get a message asking
>me to send an error report to Microsoft when exiting IE6.

>This happens very consistently. I am running MS 88 SE.

>GB

1. Cannot open internet link from e-mail in IE6

After installing IE6.0 I cannot click on an internet link
within an e-mail and have it direct me to that web site.
The link is in blue letters and is underlined.  When
clicking on it, it does indicate the web address in the
bar at the boottom of the page, but nothing happens.
Any suggestions?
...Bill

2. 24-bit Framebuffer Options for SS20 Question

3. Links won't work in email or IE6

4. ICPP'88 vol. 2 (Software)

5. Outlook Express Links in email enabled

6. Where am I?

7. Outlook Express-can't follow e-mail links

8. hd and cdrom access lights going every 2 secs

9. Email Link from webpages to Outlook express

10. mailto:... link in IE6 does not open OE

11. Can't go to links from IE6

12. How can I put a link on my web page to invoke NETMeeting ?

13. Forward or link email from Outlook to another email service