Disable "Leave mail on server"

Post by k.. » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi

Thats my question ! can it be done ?

We have users with 50MB+ mail files and would like to stop this.

Thanks

--------------
Kevin

Post by Andrzej Fili » Wed, 02 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Thats my question ! can it be done ?
> We have users with 50MB+ mail files and would like to stop this.

Try to impose limit how long messages are kept in you system mailboxes.
Write a script to be rune every day which will replace messages older
than e.g. 4 weeks by info that the message has been removed.

1. Eudora "Leave Mail On Server" Problem WAS Re: eudora and mail delete

: >
: >[ Article crossposted from alt.winsock ]
: >[ Author was Dan Kraemer ]
: >[ Posted on 14 Jan 1995 01:31:44 GMT ]
: >

: >
: >I have the same problem.  If I check "Leave Mail On Server", it does
: >that.. It leaves the mail on the server, but say I have one piece of
: >e-mail and Eudora checks for new mail every 5 minutes.   With this
: >setting, Eudora "finds" that same message EVERY five minutes.
: >
: >Basically, I'm asking is anyone who's using the shareware version of
: >Eudora able to leave their mail on their Unix account, and have Eudora
: >read your mail into your computer only once?
: >
: Well it works fine for me, and I know others as well that have one
: Eudora at home with "Leave mail on server" checked and one at work
: with it unchecked. At home it sees "3 new, skipping 5 old" and at
: work it reads in all mails thereby deleting them on the server.
: It isn't recommended to automatically check for new mail more often
: than once every 15th minute, plus it's not, at least not at our
: mailserver, considered nice to only have one account and have
: that one leave the mail on the server. Fills upp pretty quickly.

Well, I have tried "leave mail on server" (in the PD edition) and all
that happens is I get no mail transferred. What version of Eudora
CORRECTLY gets new mail down to the client, marking it as read on the
server???

--

Voice: +61 (0)91 72 0429                     Fax:   +61 (0)91 72 3560
Hedland College, PMB 1, South Hedland WA 6722 Australia

2. quell primary editor?

3. Pine 4.31, "Setup", "Config", ..., "?" gives "Illegal instruction"

4. Sqlplus Masking?

5. Eudora Light with "leave on server/delete from server" popup?

6. Interactive Music Control

7. "Leave messages on server" still deletes mail

8. ?"Leave Mail on Server" with Exchange?

9. Question: "Leave Mail on Server"

10. Policy for Eudora's "Leave Mail on Server"?

11. Eudora 4.2: "Leave on server" not working

12. Eudora 5.0bxx: Messages "Received in Error" and left on server