help a complete beginner!

Post by Mich » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

I have just installed a scanner (part of a multifunctional machine,
brother MFC 9870), and I have installed a scanner driver on my mac OS 9.

HOW CAN I SCAN NOW?

Pleas help.

Thank you

Micha from Zurich

help a complete beginner!

Post by Leon Ober » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

Micha from Zurich

Quote:> HOW CAN I SCAN NOW?

Very good URL specially for newbies:
http://www.scantips.com

--
Regards, Lon Obers

******* Umax scan examples with transparency adapter *******
**** MagicScan 4.3 + lots of general scan-tips / tricks ****

     http://go.to/Umax_Tips_&_Tricks (My personal Umax-site)
     http://go.to/Umax               (Short name,  same URL)

help a complete beginner!

Post by Carl Schmit » Fri, 05 May 2000 04:00:00

did u install the scanning software?  it should help you.  i recently
purchased a scanner, too, and am still a beginner.  i havent even had it for
a week yet

1. Complete Beginner

I am very new to this, and have very little background in electronics.
However, I do find this stuff very interesting and would love to get
started in it, playing with very simple stuff.  I figured a simple IR
Receiver for a VCR Remote would be a good simple place to start.  I
would like to build my own receiver and run it through my serial port
and then just write a program which will decode and do the rest.

Does anyone know where I can find a GOOD description of a receiver that
will explain everything, not only what is needed and how to build it
but, also what why things are done this way.

As I have said I am a complete beginner, any help would be GREATLY
appreciated.

Thanks,
Neil Witcomb

2. Help TI TM5000 battery

3. % complete vs. % work complete

4. BAAL -- Help!

5. Difference between '% Complete' and '% Work Complete'?

6. Which C++ compiler should I buy?

7. Differences between % Complete vs. % Work Complete fields

8. 9GB HDD problem on SGI O2...

9. Cannot change %work complete independant of % complete

10. % complete vs % work complete

11. % complete & % Work Complete

12. % Work Complete vs. % Complete

13. % Complete vs. % Work Complete