Vuescan multi-pass multi-scanning

Post by Steven Keffor » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:16:00

All,

Do any of you use multi-pass multi-scanning, and if so, how do you rate it?

I have a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II, which does not support single-pass
multi-scanning, so this is the only way I can do multi-scanning. The reason
I ask is that I have scanned a neg, and the subject is very blurred. On the
neg and on prints from the neg, the subject is not blurred, so the problem
must have occured during scanning. It looks like two images on top of each
other, as if there has been some "shift" between the two passes of the
scanning. Has anybody experienced any thing like this?

Steve

Vuescan multi-pass multi-scanning

Post by Leon » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:57:37

Quote:> All,

> Do any of you use multi-pass multi-scanning, and if so, how do you rate
it?

> I have a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II, which does not support single-pass
> multi-scanning, so this is the only way I can do multi-scanning. The
reason
> I ask is that I have scanned a neg, and the subject is very blurred. On
the
> neg and on prints from the neg, the subject is not blurred, so the problem
> must have occured during scanning. It looks like two images on top of each
> other, as if there has been some "shift" between the two passes of the
> scanning. Has anybody experienced any thing like this?

> Steve

i use multipass with scanwit 2720s and have it set for 8 passes, get good
results all the time.

---

Vuescan multi-pass multi-scanning

Post by Bart van der Wol » Sun, 30 Dec 2001 21:53:51

Quote:> All,

> Do any of you use multi-pass multi-scanning, and if so, how do you rate
it?

> I have a Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II, which does not support single-pass
> multi-scanning, so this is the only way I can do multi-scanning. The
reason
> I ask is that I have scanned a neg, and the subject is very blurred. On
the
> neg and on prints from the neg, the subject is not blurred, so the problem
> must have occured during scanning. It looks like two images on top of each
> other, as if there has been some "shift" between the two passes of the
> scanning. Has anybody experienced any thing like this?

No experience with your type of scanner, but I have similar problems with my
flatbed scanner. Multi-pass is useless if the individual scans cannot be
repositioned to within 1 pixel. Solving it in software is very low on Ed's
to-do list, due to the complexity.

Bart

========= WAS CANCELLED BY =======:

Newsgroups: news.admin.censorship,alt.test,comp.periphs.scanners

Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 02:04:46 GMT

autocancel

Newsgroups: news.admin.censorship,alt.test,comp.periphs.scanners

Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 01:27:46 GMT

Comment: Dude, where's my NewsAgent?

autocancel

2. PRI vs Channelized T1

3. VueScan multi-pass scanning and IR scans

4. Auditing Launched Applications

5. VueScan feature request: multi-pass scan from disk

6. special symbols

7. Nikon IVED: Multi-Pass scanning w/ Vuescan

8. 2nd email address

9. Multi-pass scanning in VueScan

10. Multi-pass scanning with Vueprint & Scan Dual II

11. Minolta Scan Multi vs. Scan Multi II

12. Vuescan w/ Nikon IV-ED ==>I assume multi-pass is possible?

13. Multi-pass scanning: watch out!