AGFA Snapscan 1212p in XP

Post by Messia » Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:42:16

is there anyway to install this scanner on XP ?  a workaround I could use ?
a generic driver that's available ?

AGFA Snapscan 1212p in XP

Post by Frederick J. Barnet » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 11:00:04

Quote:>is there anyway to install this scanner on XP ?  a workaround I could use ?
>a generic driver that's available ?

        I have the 1212u, and all I had to do was reinstall the
Scanwise software (version 1.4 then; 2.0 now). I don't know what's
different about the 1212p, but have you tried the latest version of
Scanwise?

Frederick J. Barnett     http://www.eatel.net/~fred/
HTML Writers Guild Board of Directors Member & Secretary     http://www.hwg.org/
The Baton Rouge Astronomical Society Secretary    http://www.bro.lsu.edu/bras/
The BREC, LSU, BRAS Highland Road Park Observatory     http://www.bro.lsu.edu/hrpo/
International Association of Pyrographic Artists Secretary     http://www.pyrography.org/
"Someone's got to take the responsibility if the job's going to get done!! Do you think that's easy?!" Gregory Peck - The Guns Of Navarone

AGFA Snapscan 1212p in XP

Post by RIC » Wed, 28 Nov 2001 12:59:39

Quote:>    I have the 1212u, and all I had to do was reinstall the
> Scanwise software (version 1.4 then; 2.0 now). I don't know what's
> different about the 1212p, but have you tried the latest version of
> Scanwise?

There is no solution. I cut & past what Agfa told to Marcel about 1212p

 Dear Marcel,Thank you for contacting Agfa Technical Support.

Unfortunately we currently do not have drivers available for Windows XP.
Agfa Digital Imaging products are no longer under development and future
driver releases cannot be guaranteed. Any driver updates, should they
become available, will be posted at http://support.agfa.com. Please
visit the website periodically for any updates.
Thank You,

Agfa Technical Support