Scanner for SunStation !?

Post by Martin Pree » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hello,

We're looking for scanner to use with a SunStation (Ultra).
Does anyone has experiences with this ? Maybe its possible to
use the HP ScanJet 4c or an Agfa device ?
What about software ? Adobe Photoshop ?

Thanks for any advice.
Martin

Martin Preen, Universitaet Freiburg, Institut f. Informatik
Am Flugplatz 17, Gebaeude 52, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

phone/fax: ++49 761 203-????/-8242

www: www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/

Scanner for SunStation !?

Post by Don Uk » Sun, 20 Jul 1997 04:00:00

>Hello,

>We're looking for scanner to use with a SunStation (Ultra).
>Does anyone has experiences with this ? Maybe its possible to
>use the HP ScanJet 4c or an Agfa device ?

We have recently looked at the same problem.  Our recommended solution
was to go with an HP ScanJet 4c, driven by Open Scan software
(available from Apunix).  There is also an OCR package available from
the same company.

Quote:>What about software ? Adobe Photoshop ?

Adobe Photoshop was fine for image manipulation.  However, there was
not a good enough plug in for Solaris that would drive the scanner.

Quote:

>Thanks for any advice.

Will send you an update on how it all goes.

>Martin

>Martin Preen, Universitaet Freiburg, Institut f. Informatik
>Am Flugplatz 17, Gebaeude 52, 79110 Freiburg, Germany

>phone/fax: ++49 761 203-????/-8242

>www: www.informatik.uni-freiburg.de/

Don Uksi
+61 06 241 5472