VueScan 7.6.24 hangs my Nikon Coolscan IV - vuescan.ini (0/1)

VueScan 7.6.24 hangs my Nikon Coolscan IV - vuescan.ini (0/1)

Post by Dan Comea » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 09:15:12

Ed,

While version 7.6.23 works fine for me, version 7.6.24 hangs my Coolscan IV
during preview. It happens very soon after starting the preview process. The
scanner's light flashes constantly. I've gone back to using v. 7.6.23. FWIW,
I've been Vuescan sucessfully since version 7.6.0.

My INI file is attached.

Dan

Post by Ed Hamric » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 21:24:57

> While version 7.6.23 works fine for me, version 7.6.24 hangs my Coolscan
IV
> during preview.

Could you try VueScan 7.6.25?  You can download it from:

  http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

VueScan 7.6.24 hangs my Nikon Coolscan IV - vuescan.ini (0/1)

Post by Dan Comea » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 08:23:21

So far so good with 7.6.25.  Thanks.

Dan

>> While version 7.6.23 works fine for me, version 7.6.24 hangs my Coolscan
>IV
>> during preview.

>Could you try VueScan 7.6.25?  You can download it from:

>  http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

>Regards,
>Ed Hamrick

VueScan 7.6.24 hangs my Nikon Coolscan IV - vuescan.ini (0/1)

Post by Jean Louie Suck » Sun, 16 Mar 2003 09:15:05

Quote:> > While version 7.6.23 works fine for me, version 7.6.24 hangs my Coolscan
> IV during preview.

> Could you try VueScan 7.6.25?  You can download it from:

Geeez, Ed, I am really tired beta testing this hack. Do you ever feel that
you reached your full capacity and that there is no hope that you'll ever
get this software to do what it's supposed to do? How much you pay us to
beta test this hack?

Don't misunderstand me, dude. I don't mind if a fellow makes a buck here and
there on the Internet, but taking money for something that doesn't work, is
not all that ethical. Is it?

VueScan 7.6.24 hangs my Nikon Coolscan IV - vuescan.ini (0/1)

Post by lezerdeze » Thu, 20 Mar 2003 01:12:59

Somebody please set this idiot straight!
I'm too tired right now to sum up all the reasons why this guy is wrong -
and he definitely is wrong.
Should make quite a substantial list.

> > > While version 7.6.23 works fine for me, version 7.6.24 hangs my
Coolscan
> > IV during preview.

> > Could you try VueScan 7.6.25?  You can download it from:

> Geeez, Ed, I am really tired beta testing this hack. Do you ever feel that
> you reached your full capacity and that there is no hope that you'll ever
> get this software to do what it's supposed to do? How much you pay us to
> beta test this hack?

> Don't misunderstand me, dude. I don't mind if a fellow makes a buck here
and
> there on the Internet, but taking money for something that doesn't work,
is
> not all that ethical. Is it?

1. Vuescan Version 7.6.24

Ed,

Great software! Enjoyed using it I am a registred user and the last
version I used before upgrading to version 7.6.24 was 7.6.15 under
Windows ME with no problems using an Epson GT7000 and HP Photosmart
S20

After upgrading to version 7.6.24 however I get black lines going down
the image, is this an upgrade problem?  Do I need a new licence
number?  Checking the serial no in About menu shows the word
"Professional edition".  I have also run Regedit to check that the
serial number was still in place and its is still there.

Can you help?

Regards

Paul Ottavio

2. I Love OS/2!!!

3. Status of 2470s infrared cleaning in current VueScan 7.6.24

4. some computers with IE6 can't display XML with space as character 1

5. Vuescan 7.6.24 LS4000 Raw file scanning- weird behavior- possible bug?

6. Sound on IDE CDROM?

7. Nikon Coolscan IV: Is Nikons software needed if you use VueScan???

8. VAX 8550 "CPU DOUBLE ERROR" ???

9. Vuescan w/ Nikon LS-40 (coolscan IV) - pixelated images

10. Vuescan, Linux and Nikon Coolscan IV (LS 40) - Thanks

11. VueScan Problem Report with select resolution with Nikon CoolScan IV ED

12. Vuescan with Nikon Coolscan IV and linux locks up!

13. Vuescan, Nikon Coolscan IV, and incorrect frame offsets with negatives